Baileys Shamrock Cookies
Adapted from Martha Stewart Cookies and Allrecipes.com
Makes 2 to 3 dozen cookies (depending on the size of your cookie cutter)
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
½ cup plus 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 ½ cups confectioners’ sugar
1 large egg, lightly beaten
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup shortening
2 tablespoons Baileys Irish Cream
1 1/2 teaspoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups confectioners' sugar
Food coloring (optional)
1. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, and salt; set aside.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter and confectioners’ sugar until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add egg and vanilla and beat to combine. Reduce speed to low and gradually add in flour mixture.
3. Turn out dough onto a clean work surface and pat out into discs. Wrap discs in plastic wrap and chill for 20 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 350F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
5. On a clean, lightly floured work surface, roll out the dough to 1/8-inch thick. Using a cookie cutter, cut shapes from dough, transferring to prepared baking sheets with an offset spatula. Reroll and cut scraps.
6. Bake cookies until crisp, 7 to 8 minutes. Let cool on wire racks for 10 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
7. While cookies are cooling, make the frosting: In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together shortening, Baileys, milk, and vanilla until combined. Gradually add in sugar, beating until smooth and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add food coloring, if using.
8. Spread on cooled cookies and top with sprinkles, if using. Let icing set before storing, about 1 hour.
Brought to you by The Busty Baker (http://www.bustybaker.com)
Original Recipe: http://ladolcivita.blogspot.com/2010/03/baileys-shamrock-cookies.html
Back to Recipe Home Page