The hardware of the open source community
Become part of our evolving interrelated interests:
- Micro computers/controllers, eg. the Raspberry Pi, the Arduino.
- Micro computer/controller programming, eg. with Python and other languages, algorithms, etc.
- Open source hardware.
- Science & engineering related to hardware: physics, materials, magnetism, radio, quantum effects, etc.
- Astronomy; the computing and electronics aspects of astronomy: ionospheric, magnetic, radio, satellite tracking, FFT's, instrumentation, etc.
- Autonomous vehicles.
- Health & Medical.
- 'Home' weather stations.
- Education involvement and influence with public, local community, schools (teachers & pupils), academia, business, industry, government.
- Practical sessions.
- Talks and demonstrations.
The group is run by its members thus depends on its members to organise to meetings and events, it is hoped you will be an active member of the group. When arranged we have the following meetings:
Interesting meetings with talks, presentations, theory, demonstrations, how-to's and giving a chance to meet, mingle, chat and exchange ideas with other members.
See our Talks page for programme detail.
- When: Fourth Thursday of the month.
- Time: 7:30pm to 9pm
- Where: Either Committee or Diamond Meeting Rooms,
Coventry Council House.
Ask reception for directions and a key-pass.
See map for location.
The venue is child friendly, meaning people under 18 may attend.
- Post 9pm: We usually move to The Castle, a local inn, to continue the meeting in a social manner over a beverage.
Speakers always appreciated. If you have a talk you could give the group, do not wait to be asked, just offer.
Hands on practical sessions and workshops and an amazingly wide range of topics of conversation.
See our Practicals page for session detail.
- When: Second Thursday of the month.
- Time: 7pm onwards.
- Where: For now we are meeting in The Castle pub, until a suitable venue for practical sessions is found - any offers?
How To Join
Subscribe to our mailing list and join in the on-line discussion. To do so send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember to reply to the confirmation email, check your junk/spam folder in case it gets filtered into there.
For more detail see our mailing list host website:
It's free to join, membership and most meetings are free.
There is no geographic boundary to the group, however Coventry, UK, can be considered as the centre as most meetings are likely to be in that area.
We are part of a much wider local and international community. Here are some related local groups of which some of us are joint members:
- Coventry & Warwickshire Astronomical Society, CAWAS
- Stratford Astronomical Society
- Coventry Linux User Group, CovLUG
- Rugby Linux User Group, RugLUG
- Birmingham Linux User Group
- Python West Midlands, PyWM