Introduce Global Peer Education Programs
Surrounding Teenage Pregnancy
- Peer Education occurs when adolescents are trained and prepared so that they can educate other adolescents.
- Teenagers are more likely to trust and confide in each other than in adults.
Offer Free Worldwide Access to Emergency
Do not require prescription or pelvic examination to obtain emergency contraception.
Allow anonymous access to emergency contraception without age contraindication.
Make free emergency contraception available in many settings. (clinics, schools, community centers, pharmacies)
Empower Parents Worldwide By Providing
- Encourage parental involvement and monitoring of friendships and relationships.
- Suggest parental discussion of their own sexual values.
- Encourage parents to start talking about sex at a young age and revisiting the topic as their children mature.
Moderate Global Media Available to Teenagers