THE TOP TEN REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD BE USING GMAIL
Inspired by David Letterman, here are the top ten reasons you should consider using Gmail for your web-based email program:
10. You shouldn't be using your school email account for personal business. Consider having all personal email forwarded to a Gmail account. Remember, if you signed up for your Google account with a different email address - you don't have a Gmail account - but if you have a Gmail account - then you already have a Google account.
9. With Gmail you aren't tied to one computer to retrieve your email. You can access your Gmail account from any computer that has Internet access - and even your mobile phone! Just go to http://mail.google.com.
8. Take advantage of Keyboard Shortcuts in Gmail to get through your email even faster. To turn these case-sensitive shortcuts on or off, click Settings, and then pick an option next to Keyboard shortcuts.
7. Themes allow you to customize the look and feel of your Gmail account. Get creative and choose one of the colored or artistic THEMES for your Gmail page. In the upper right hand side of your Gmail page choose Settings / Themes and pick the one that suits you.
6. Gmail uses labels to help you organize with more flexibility. A conversation can have several labels, so you're not forced to choose one particular folder for messages. You can also create filters to automatically manage incoming mail. Starring messages is another way you can organize your inbox.
5. You can use Google SEARCH within Gmail to find the exact message you want - no matter when it was sent or received. Don't sort your mail - SEARCH!
4. You get TONS of space with Gmail. Instead of wasting time deleting old messages - you can ARCHIVE email - which frees up space but is still searchable if you need it sometime.
3. You don't waste time with junk mail and unwanted messages. If an unwanted message slips through to your inbox, just click on the SPAM button and the spam filters will catch any further incoming mail from the sender BEFORE it ever reaches your inbox.
2. You can organize your replies into conversations. Within Gmail, each message you SEND is grouped with all the responses you RECEIVE. As you receive more responses, the threaded conversation grows and keeps track of it all in chronological order.
... and the #1 reason why you should use Gmail ...
1. Its FREE!!! Learn more ...