2012 Faculty Presentations
-Electronic Arts North American Testing Center -EA Sports
Dr. Jim Lupo
-Red Stick International Animation Festival
-Nexus: Electronic Music for Everyone
-Mobile App/Art/Action Group
-Scientific Computing Course Offering
Lea Anne Couvillion
-LSU's Digital Media Program
Center for GeoInformatics
Randy Osborne, Larry Dunaway, Josh Kent
-C4Gnet - Louisiana's Real Time Vertical Control Network
Computer Science Department
Dr. Sukhamay Kundu, Maggie Edwards, Robert Kelly
-Robots as a teaching and research tool.
Jason Peak, Chen Fang, Sui Chen
- Playgrounds Everywhere: Take your eyes away from that pad/phone!
Continuing Education, Credit Programs, LSU Online
Nash Hasan, Donald Beale, Marti Ratcliff
- Distance Learning Launches LSU Online
Information Technology Residential College; Englsih Department
Saundra Granger, Suroj Shrestha, Cameron Tinker
-Wii, Mii, and You: Using the Wii for Primary Research
ITS (Information Technology Services)
-Visualization services at LSU
-High Performance Computing at LSU
-Upgrade to Moodle2.0
-Demonstation of LittleFe
Jeffry Handal, Hector Rios, Dustin Mouton, Michael Fazely and Gary Mumphrey
University Networking Infrastructure: WeConnect LSU (UNI)
-Wireless, VPN, Mulitcast, Troubleshooting Tools from the University Networking and Infrastructure Group
Faculty Technology Center Staff
-Explore and Discover different technologies including an iPad, Nook, Kindle, Motorola Xoom, and a LiveScribe pen.
-LSU Library Services
-Using Community Moodle to Manage Student Workers
LSU Student Exhibit: NewAperio - Apps and Internships
Logan Leger, Christian Bankester, Jonathan Hooper
- Description: NewAperio is a web and mobile engineering firm located in Baton Rouge. Founded by two students from LSU and Tulane, NewAperio has quickly become one of the premier app firms in Louisiana. Every semester, NewAperio offers student internships. The internships are an exciting way to get real-world experience in web and mobile app development. Stop by to learn about this exciting opportunity!
LSU Student Incubator
Jennifer Fowler, Student Incubator Director
- The LSU Student Incubator is a program designed to help LSU students succeed in launching their businesses. It provides a shared workspace, mentoring, business consulting, monthly workshops, a competition that awards seed capital to student businesses, the LSU Student Business Expo, Accounting Assistance Program, and online business planning software as well as other assistance to help students start and grow their businesses. Currently, there are 23 student businesses in the program.
Department of Geology and Geophysics (CXC)
-Teaching science research, writing, and visual communication by encouraging students to transform their research paper into a Wikipedia article.
Department of Political Science (CXC)
-Helping students transform research projects into video documentaries to advance knowledge, critical thinking, and communication of ideas.
Department of Geography and Anthropology (CXC)
-Teaching students to synthesize, understand, and effectively communicate complex data via charts, graphs, and visual cues.
Department of Communication Studies (CXC)
-Beyond the persuasive paper: Students present research via videos!
Department of Construction Mgmt and Industrial Engineering (CXC)
Paige Davis and Boz Bowles
-The challenges and successes of using web conferencing tools to teach LSU students who are on-campus and those who are studying abroad.
Department of Education (CXC)
Teresa Buchanan & students
-Engagement and learning beyond 3-hour/week class time!
-Using blogs for response, reflection, discussion, and feedback.
-An Analysis of New Technologies (by students)
Foreign Language and Literature
-Learning German with interactive voice file exchanges and other web 2.0 tools.
School of Coast and Environment, Department of Environmental Science, Department of Oceanography and Coastal Sciences
Vincent Wilson, Sharon Butler, Charlotte St. Romain
-Anyone with an interest in the oceans, rivers, fisheries, estuarine marshes, freshwater lakes, oil and gas development, urban development, and anthropogenic environmental impacts should come by and learn about the CES degree program.
School of Library and Information Science
Suzanne M. Stauffer
-Using Moodle Lessons to Improve Learning Online and Face-to-Face
LSU Continuing Education, Credit Programs, LSU Online
Nash Hashan, Donald Beale, Marti Ratcliff
- Distance learning Launches LSU Online
LSU Student Media
Jason Crochet and Robert Moreland
-Come learn how to log in to digital LSU Gumbo yearbook
-Communicating with students using Rich Media
Veterinary Clinical Sciences
Laura Riggs and Michelle Reed
-Scope on the Geaux : Advances in Equine Airway Diagnostics
For pictures taken at last year’s event, please click on the "Photo" tab at the top of the page.
For more information, or if you are interested in presenting, please contact the Faculty Technology Center at (225)578-3375, option 1, or e-mail email@example.com.
2012 Featured Exhibits
- Professional, Dreamweaver, PremierePro). Learn how to use these professional-level tools to create compelling digital presentations and interactive ePortfolios. Discover how Adobe products are used in the industry and how they compliment your major to provide greater career opportunities and land those interviews. Trial software will be available for both MAC and Windows.See the latest versions of the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat Professional, Dreamweaver, PremierePro). Learn how to use these professional-level tools to create compelling digital presentations and interactive ePortfolios. Discover how Adobe products are used in the industry and how they compliment your major to provide greater career opportunities and land those interviews. Trial software will be available for both MAC and Windows.
- Apple recruiter, Abdul Savage, will provide information on Apple's At-Home Advisor work program for LSU students. Tech Savvy students….this one's for you!
Jackie Courville - AT&T Mobility - Account Manager IRU/Louisiana
- AT&T will allow both LSU Students and Faculty the ability to view our latest 4G and LTE Wireless Devices/Tablets and better understand how AT&T is leveraging these tools to impact higher education. AT&T will have case studies available that demonstrate our capabilities in the market place, and demonstrate how the technology that drives our capabilities is impacting LSU and positioning LSU to be an industry leader.
Walt Organ - Account Manager
- “As a global leader in unified communications and contact centers, Avaya helps universities seamlessly converge and consolidate their voice, data and video environment to create a foundation that is lower cost, higher in performance and more reliable. Universities are turning to Avaya to build a 21stcentury unified communication infrastructure that modernizes campus wide communications; enhances instructor, student, parent and administrator communications; expands distance learning opportunities; improves campus services and enhances university safety. Avaya will demonstrate Mobility and Desktop Applications such as One-X on IPhone, Multimedia on iPAD and Flare Multimedia Desktop Device.”
AXI Education Solutions/Promethean
Summer E. DeJean - Teaching and Learning Consultant - AXI Education Solutions
- Promethean will be showcasing the ActivClassroom which includes the ActivBoard, learner response devices ActivExpressions and ActiVotes, the document camera ActiView, and the ActivSlate. We will have information on the new ActivTable as well. A Teaching and Learning Consultant will be on hand to answer any questions and demonstrate how all of these products work seamlessly together to enhance interaction and leaning in the classroom.
Barnes & Noble
- Barnes & Noble Booksellers will be in attendance this year to demonstrate NOOK Simple Touch Reader, NOOK Color, and the brand new NOOK Tablet. Learn about all the benefits for all ages, such as the Read to Me Books for young children. Take advantage of this opportunity by seeing the applications store and the advantages that NOOK gives to students, teachers, parents, and readers of all kinds.
David Lynn - Major Public Account Executive
-Dell will showcase the Dell Latitude XT3 tablet/PC, Dell Latitude ST 10inch Windows tablet, new Dell Touch screen monitors, and Dell OptiPlex All-In-One desktop
Nicole Leblanc Noble
-Mobilize your CAMPUS with HP ePrint public Print Locations.
HP knows the business of education happens after hours and beyond the classroom. This FREE app enables
on-the-go printing from a mobile device to thousands of HP ePrint Public Print Locations, including
print-and-copy retail stores, hotels, airport lounges, and more. Staff and students alike can accomplish more
in more places—wherever their work or studies take them. Learn more at www.hp.com/go/ppl.
HP will be demoing printing and imaging solutions for education to serve more students with less money.
Interstate Electronic Systems
Brian Egan - Sales Engineer- Interstate Electronic Systems, LLC
- IES will display Audio Visual Technology that can be used in classrooms and many other areas on campus. These products will keep LSU on the cutting edge of technology and help the campus run more efficiently.
LENOVO and Intel
Kevin A. Kloepple Lenovo, Senior Account Executive for Higher Education
Top 10 Mobile Technologies for 2012
1. Intel Core Technology - 3rd Generation ( i3, i5, i7 )
2. nVidia Graphics
3. Mobile Broadband ( 4G, 4G LTE)
4. mSATA SSD
5. USB 3.0
6. Battery Performance ( Power Manager )
7. VOIP via ThinkPad
8. 720p HD Camera
9. Windows 8 ( Metro )
10. Slate / Tablet Solutions
Merrill Schebaum - Regional Technology Strategist
- Come meet your Microsoft student rep! Play with the XBox 360 and Kinect and register for a chance to win some great Xbox 360 games! See some of the latest cool new devices available. Microsoft professionals will be on hand to answer your questions around our future roadmap for Microsoft technology and how this will impact the future teacher/student/professional.
Cierra Fruge, Microsoft Student Rep
Talk to the Microsoft team and learn what sort of skills you will need to land that technology job. What types of certifications are valuable and how do Microsoft and LSU enable this for students and technology staff.
SUMMIT Integration Systems
- Summit Integration Systems will be exhibiting audio visual products: brands such as SMART, Samsung document cameras, Crestron and Visix. Summit Integration Systems has offices in both New Orleans and Lafayette. Please call us at 1-800-444-2480 and let us help you with your audio visual requirements in both education and corporate environments.
- In the evolving classroom at LSU students gain unprecedented access to information from their mobile devices. However, e-learning success depends on multi-level security. Symantec will be on hand to discuss how to make e-learning innovations a reality with solutions that address crucial security issues: remote device management, endpoint security and virtualization, network access control, data loss prevention and user authentication.