It is everyone's responsibility to make the Tech and Coffee hangout a place where people want to hang out. We want to make Tech and Coffee awesome, and you should too. We can't make it awesome without your help.
While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, offensive profanity, insulting language, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory language. This includes offensive remarks regarding religion, sexual orientation, political affiliation, racial, sexist, or ethnic slurs, and inappropriate references to explicit acts.
We do not allow posts or links to sites that are sexual in nature or that violate our community standards.
We ask that you be cognizant that there may be people in the room under the age of 18 or are in the general vicinity of an adult in the room (for example, people's young children). Administrators or hosts may ask you to watch your language during these times or may ask you to leave the room.
By entering the room you are agreeing to these principles and, if asked, will leave the room temporarily when an administrator deems that you have violated the spirit of the community.
These are guidelines only and cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure Tech and Coffee is not disrupted or abused in any way. We reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the principles, as access to our room is a privilege and not a right.
- Mute your microphone when there is background noise. Background noise can come from televisions, other people in the room, road noises, or typing near the microphone.
- Mute your microphone when taking microphone headsets off and on or you start speaking to someone off camera or you have an unexpected interruption (delivery, call, dogs barking).
- Practice normal conversation etiquette - that is, wait a conversation pause to interject or introduce a new topic. If you are having problems with technology, do interrupt; these are always more important than the typical chatter.
- Do not invite people into the hangout from the Google+ Hangout feature. We want people to come to this page and read these guidelines before joining.
- If you have children in the room, you are encouraged to wear a headset. Topics and style of conversation may sometimes be that which you do not want your children to be exposed to.
If you are being discourteous, other participants in the hangout will mute you (even if you are currently talking). More serious consequences may be applied if the problem frequently reoccurs.
Tech and Coffee Official:
- |TaC| Hangout Main [Video]- Our main hangout where we talk tech daily.
- |TaC| Second Cup [Video] - Over flow or space for a secondary chat
- |TaC| The Official Side Hangout [Chat]
- |TaC| Regulars Hangout [Chat]
- |TaC| The Official Video Side Chat [Chat]
- |TaC| Gamers [and or light gamers] [Chat]
- |TaC] Sauerbraten [Chat]
- |TaC| Community Moderators Chat [Invite Only]
Updated - December 5 2018 - gd added and backed up TaC graphicsUpdated - December 3 2018 - gd added updated links.Updated - October 26 2018 - gd added updated links.Updated - April 16 2018 -GJ Added second cup Event linkUpdated - April 5 2018 - GJUpdated - March 17 2017 - GJUpdated - March 16 2017 - yrUpdated - September 13 2013 - gdUpdated - September 14 2013 - rtUpdated - January 10 2014 - gdUpdated - January 15 2014 - gdUpdated - March 14 2014 - yrUpdated - March 17, 2014 -gd