Team K-Man‎ > ‎The Board‎ > ‎

Board Meeting Minutes

Team K-Man Online Board Meeting

May 1, 2019 – May 2, 2019

Attendees: Louise, Keith, Skip, Mike Z., Mike A., Nancy, Louise, Tara, Tracy

Financial Report:

- As of May 1, 2019, Team K-Man has the following funds available.

PayPal Team Account - $6,901.98

Pacific Premier Bank Checking Account - $713.37

Total Available Funds - $7,615.35


Team K-Man Spring, Summer and Fall Potlucks

- Planning for team Potlucks has generally defaulted to Keith. While he has always done a great job, Team K-Man Board members should assume responsibility for organizing the Potlucks. 

- Board Members can volunteer to take responsibility for planning the date, location and speaker for each of the remaining potlucks (Summer or Fall)

  • There (was) a Team K-Man potluck, Saturday May 4th: at Charlie’s house. Steve R. from the Zoo will be the speaker.

  • Tracy and Stacy Weed have agreed to host one 2019 potluck – July is possible, middle of July works best

  • Mike Zappas offered to host the fall meeting. He will be out of town on the end of October.  Before that would be fine.

  • Speaker suggestions and arrangements are needed.


Other Expenses

- Team K-Man members, ride or swim or hike group leaders can apply to the team K-Man board for funds to help in group events. Possible examples that were suggested include: SAG driver gas/accommodations reimbursement, Group entry to an event, Wine/Beverage for the Table in Solvang/Other, Swim Caps, Get-Together "encouragement", sponsor an individual representing the team, etc.

- Other suggested expenditures include: a suit spinner for the swimmers. Nancy would be willing to coordinate with Kennedy Club if the board agrees that the funds could be used for such a purpose.

Award Wear

-an Award Wear only email as a reminder to those who have not yet paid or picked up was sent out.

- Keith bought back the prior batch of hoodies that did not have challenge numbers on the back. They are available for purchase at the party or Kman for $20. 


Upcoming Events

-Lighthouse 5km Family Fun Run is June 1 at Pomar Junction Winery and is a great organization for our community. It helps fund many programs regarding drug awareness, prevention and intervention.


Tara Dolan added:... I do think minutes are important to see if we are all in agreement of the outcomes of the meeting. Please review them and reply to me with revisions/additions etc.

It looks to me like we should be looking for a date for the summer potluck (mid July was suggested as working well for Tracy). As well, we should be looking for potential speakers for the meeting. Leah Tanner had sounded receptive to talking to us about nutrition when the idea was run by her last summer. If the group is interested, I could ask her if she is willing / available for the next potluck (unless there is already a speaker in the works).


Louise Comar added: “I agree that we should firm up the dates for our summer and fall potlucks.  We should certainly plan dates based on what works best for the hosts, Tracy and Mike.   As for speakers, Leah sounds like a good resource. I have also made an inquiry of the folks at  Tablas Creek Winery to come speak to the club and received a positive response. First and foremost they have become a frequently used water and bathroom stop for cyclists.  They are friendly and welcoming to us all. And second, they have been instrumental in establishing the California Rhone movement, establishing their vineyard in 1989. They dry farm and use biodynamic practices, including a herd of sheep and alpacas to control weeds, fertilize and build healthy soils.  Once we have some dates established I would be happy to make a more definite inquiry of Josh Haas, son of one of the founders of his willingness to come speak to the group about his vineyard in particular, the Paso wine culture in general and his availability. Finally, I believed that the Board unanimously approved a donation of $100 to the Zoo, in thanks for Steve’s presentation(at our May Social).  I ask that Skip process that donation, if he hasn’t already done so.”

 

Skip Parks  added:Also, at the upcoming potluck, I would like to suggest we repeat the "sweep meet" like we did previously at Mike's(Zappas’s) house. I've got several jerseys, etc that are in great shape but no longer fit. Plus some shoes, leg and arm warmers, and components. I hate just giving them to Goodwill if team members would like them.

I agree we should hold the next potlucks on dates that would best for the hosts.”


Skip Parks added: “Just an update. I've made the donation to the Zoo.” ($100)


J. Tracy Weed added: “Regarding the next potluck we'd love to have everyone back to our place. Right now the weekends of July 13 and 20 are good.  The 6th is also OK but I would expect a lot of folks may have plans since it's July 4th weekend. If the above dates don't work the first half of August is good for us as well.

Either speaker mentioned so far sounds good to me...in addition, I'll offer up the founders of Wild Fields Brewhouse that's going in where the old bowling lanes were across from where the Galaxy movie theater is located, scheduled to open September / October 2019. Ryan and Jacque are really nice folks and very knowledgeable about brewing beer. Would be nice to introduce them to the community and vice versa and learn something about beer.”


Nancy Prier added: “I certainly approve of the minutes and am excited about all the great ideas for speakers and those willing to host our fun group! I am still planning on getting Kennedy’s thoughts on a suit spinner.  Sean and Kevin were both out of town recently so I have not yet met with them. I will update you when I have more details.”


Keith Schmidt added: “Thanks all, Sounds like everything is agreed upon and we are ready to go forward. Just spoke with Tracy W. and party is going to be on the 20th. We are also reaching out to Jacquie and Ryan to see if they are available that night to come talk about  what they do (Wild Fields Brewery) If they are not available we will let you know so we can continue to search. I like Louise's suggestion so how bout we keep them as a backup. If Wild Fields folks can come then we can have Winery people at Zappas party. The nutritionist is also a great choice. Options are good. If someone thinks we should do something different, in regards to guest speaker, please let me know.”

Thanks again”



=============================

Team K-Man Board Meeting

Saturday, November 03, 2018

Attendees: Keith, Skip, Mike Z., Mike A., Nancy, Louise, Tara

4:20 p.m., Tracy Weed’s home                                                                                                                                                                              

Year-end Party

- At (updated - changed to Colony Inn), Saturday, January 26, 2019

- Have entire menu provided for attendees (no potluck). People bring their own drinks.

- Ron Haggadone’s musical group has offered to play as background music at year-end party. Keith will check if there is a place for them at the Carlton (considering size of room/hallway etc.).

- Possible give away for year- end party: baseball hats (Keith brought options) or towel. Suggestion is to have a few options at the party that attendees can choose from - first come, first served. Keith will pick a few things and send out an email to board.

Award wear

- Mark will send another survey to everyone. It will give details of this year’s item including cost and ask for a more detailed response from people. Award wear will have mileage on it. Members can also choose to omit mileage for a cost of $5 less. For those who want award wear, they will need to send in their size. Suggested item is tie dye hoodie. Minimum order is 25. Mark can ask in survey:

* Yes or No on purchase of award wear.

* If yes – a) what size?

 b) include mileage or no mileage($5 less) on award wear?

Treasurers Report
- Skip reported $ 6625.64 current team balance between bank account and PayPal.

Biking Update
- Len has set up a Team K-Man gmail account and has opened a Team K-Man account with ridewithgps. Gmail account has all members’ addresses in address book. Sent mail keeps track of all ride notices that have been sent. Len has put much effort into getting this all organized.

- Fees to date for ridewithgps are $50. As of March, the fees will increase to $80 for the year. The increased fee comes along with additional functionality and available information. Team K-Man will reimburse Len for these fees that will support the Saturday rides.

- Louise is suggesting an update to Team K-Man website because having an updated website would enable the presence of a folder that contains all the rides and all the routes to be available to viewers. Ideally the weekly ride could also be posted on website.

-Keith will reconnect with Dave Strybel who had at one point expressed interest in helping with computing needs/website.

Dues for 2019

- Remain the same as 2018 ($30)                    

- When notice goes out for party, remind attendees that fees for next year can be paid (check or PayPal) that night. Dues for 2018 covered banquet in January 2019. Fees for 2019 cover banquet in Jan 2020.

- If any additional funds accumulate, some can possibly be donated into the community. Ideas suggested include: Lighthouse afterschool biking program.


2019 Schedule

-January 26: year-end  party

- Three other parties, one each quarter ( to be held at Keith’s, Zappas, Tracy’s house)

Team K-Man Board Members

- Tracy Weed will be a new board member.

=============================

K-Man Board Meeting

Saturday 16 June 2018

4:00 pm, Zappas home

Attendees:  Keith, Louise, Skip, Mike Z., Mike A., Tara

KMan Team Bylaws: are available on the website if members are interested.  www.teamkman.org

Confirmation of speakers and potlucks:  

  • The board is interested in ideas that any members have about possible speakers at potlucks in order to get additional interesting presentors.  Members can tell Keith or another board member or email Mark G. in order to pass along ideas of speakers.

  • Next potluck is in September at the Colamarino’s, date to be determined; suggestions for speakers would be much appreciated.

Team cycling Insurance:

  • Louise will ask Len to solicit information regarding team insurance. Skip will see if there is another lawyer/cyclist who could also advise the board on this.  

  • Questions of interest: What is the liability to the team/to the ride leader? What would be appropriate insurance required for such a team that puts out a ride? How would fees get collected?

  • USAC insurance: team would have to sign up and pay insurance based on the number of cyclists (e.g. less than 50, 50 – 100…) then each member would sign a waiver and pay annual dues.

Challenge wear:

  • Survey will come out to find out what members would prefer for challenge wear.

  • Features that will be asked about include: would members  want their mileage listed on award wear or just the Team Kman  logo/2018 challenge winner (Skip/Mark G – survey monkey)

Expenses for SAG Support:

  • Motion made and approved:  SAG drivers should be compensated at a rate of $0.50/mile in support of team KMan rides.

Saturday Team KMan Ride Postings:

  • Motion made and approved:  Louise will create a database of rides and then create a google calendar to organize sign up for volunteers.

  • Volunteers will select a ride from the database and send out the ride and be the ride leader for the day.

Facebook:  

  • Could use an update of website and facebook page.  

  • Dave Strybel or Dan Baum as possible assistants.

  • Team KMan Facebook page would be suitable as a place to list equipment available/items for sale.

Comments