- Create a new folder on your USB flashdrive and label it with a clever name like “TAH Summer 08.”
- All of your files (templates, graphics, other documents you create) should be downloaded/saved to this folder. This will ensure that any files that are linked to your powerpoint will open up without a problem.
- Save all documents with short, simple, filenames – no spaces or punctuation and make sure to use your 3 letter file extension. Examples: rubric.doc, task.doc, etc…
There are two templates that can be downloaded from Attachments at the bottom of this page:
- “teachertemplate.doc” is set up so that you can plan and present the project that you want your students to complete.
- “studenttemplate.doc” is set up so that you can create a project for your students to use as a jumping off point as they complete the tasks that you have created for them.
You can easily change the slide layout, colors, text, etc… to anything you prefer. The student template has deliberately been left ‘bare bones, “ so be creative!
However, my suggestion is to create your content first, and then apply the bells, whistles, colors, and other things to the show.
The list below includes some very basic how-tos. I’ve tried to anticipate all of your questions, but if I have missed something, go to the Help Menu – that’s where I get all of my answers.
Don’t forget to SAVE OFTEN!!!
To add a new slide
1. On the Insert menu, click New Slide.
2. Scroll through the layouts, click the one you want, and then click OK.
3. Enter the text and objects you want to appear.
To change the layout of a slide
1. In normal or slide sorter view, select the slides you want to change.
2. On the Format menu, click Slide Layout.
3. Use the scroll bar to view all layouts, click the one you want, and then click Apply.
To duplicate a slide
1. In normal or slide sorter view, select the slides you want to duplicate.To select multiple slides, hold down z while you click the slide
2. On the Insert menu, click Duplicate Slide.
To delete a slide
1. In normal or slide sorter view, select the slide you want to delete. To select multiple slides, hold down z while you click the slide
2. On the Edit menu, click Delete Slide.
To add a text box
- On the Insert menu, click Text Box.
- Click where you want to add the text, and start typing.
To insert a hyperlink
- Select the text or object you want to represent the hyperlink.
- Click Insert Hyperlink .
- Under Link to, click Existing File or Web Page.
- Navigate to the page or file you want.
To add graphics to a slide
- On the Insert menu, click Picture, and then click From File.
- Browse to your saved graphic file, and then click Insert.
- On the File menu, click Save to save your work.
To change the design/color/layout of a slide or slideshow
- On the Format Menu, choose side design or slide layout.
- The Slide Design or Slide Layout pane will open up.
- Make your design/color/layout choices from the pane.