- 1 pint Brussels sprouts
- 5 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
© Taste As You Go | All Rights Reserved.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash and dry the Brussels sprouts. Trim off the ends of the sprouts, remove the outer leaves, and then cut them in half. Set aside.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan with a slotted spoon and place the pieces on a paper-towel-lined plate to drain.
- Add remaining tablespoon of olive oil and butter to the pan. After the butter has melted, add the sprouts and cook for 3 minutes, just until the sprouts have started to brown. Add the bacon back to the pan and toss gently. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Spread the sprouts and bacon out onto a baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes, or until the sprouts are fork-tender. Remove from the oven and serve.