For the topping:
© Taste As You Go | All Rights Reserved.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Cut butter into dry ingredients.
- In another large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, half and half, pomegranate liqueur, and vanilla bean paste.
- Add half of the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Repeat with the remaining dry ingredients.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Knead to combine.
- Separate dough into halves. Shape each half into a circle and cut each half into quarters.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, pomegranate liqueur, and vanilla bean paste for the topping. Brush the quarters with the topping. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Place quarters on a baking sheet. Place baking sheet in freezer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Remove baking sheet from freezer and put the scones directly into preheated oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove scones to wire rack to cool. Serve warm with butter or Pomegranate Whipped Cream.