Father Daughter Dance
Come Wig Out With Dad!
Friday May 1
Tanglewood Elementary Gym
*you can pay at the door*
All proceeds benefit the Tanglewood PTA!
* Incoming Kinder and all grades WELCOME!!!
Auction Party Information
Dates for Student and Parent Parties!!
Did you sign up for so many parties at the auction, that you can't remember when they all are? Well, no fear!!! We have compiled a list of all parties and associated dates for your convenience.
Click HERE to see the list!!!!
Pasta for Pennies
Tanglewood Student Council is participating in the fight against Leukemia & Lymphoma by raising funds to help researchers find a cure and help economically disadvantaged families be able to afford the costs for treatments, travel, and lodging. Please help us in this fight by clicking the link below…help us reach our goal or surpass it. Every little bit helps children here in Texas diagnosed with this disease. Help us save lives. Thank you for your kindness and generosity!
*Coin drive will begin at school on April 20th and run thru May 4th. Coin box & information will be sent home with each student on Friday, April 17th.
Artapalooza chairs may have a project for this year's WAC signs. If you are interested in participating in this project, hang on to your signs until spring.
If you would like to dispose of your sign now, it has been confirmed by the city that you are able to put the WAC signs (without the stakes) in your city recycling cart.
Attention Kindergarten and First Grade Parents!
Sign up to volunteer for POPS (parents on the playground) for 45 minutes everyday from 11am to 11:45. This is a time to provide more adult supervision on our playground and see your kids having fun while keeping them safe!! Click HERE to sign up)
Field Day Dates
4th Grade: Tuesday May 12, 8:30-11:30
3rd Grade: Tuesday May 12, 12:45-2:45
2nd Grade: Wednesday May 13, 9:55-11:25
1st Grade: Wednesday May 13, 12:50-2:20
Kindergarten: Wednesday May 13, 8:15-9:45
***All Dates and times are subject to change due to weather and make-up STAAR testing.
29th - 5th grade Field Trip - Camp Carter
29th - Report cards go home
30th - PTA General Meeting @ 5:30 p.m. in Auditorium
30th Gallery Night - 6:00-7:00 p.m.
1st - Daddy/Daughter Dance
Wet Wipes Needed for Art!!
Our K-3 art teacher Mrs. Pauling is in need of wet wipes. If you would like to donate a container of any kind of wipe (baby wipes, clorox wipes), please deliver them directly to the art classroom.
Interested in Volunteering in the Tanglewood Library?
Click HERE for available volunteer shifts
Library volunteers help with check in/check out, circulation, and any other projects that may be going on in the library. If spots for your child’s class are full, try volunteering for Open Checkout!
Milk and Cookies
GRANDPARENT UNDERWRITING OPPORTUNITIES!
ALL NEW this year, we are pleased to offer two wonderful new opportunities for our Tanglewood Grandparents to get involved, theGrand Friends Club and Cookies and Milk with Grand Friends! It is so easy to participate. Following are the options:
1) Underwriting of $25 - $99 – Cookies and Milk with Grand Friends – An event to be held at the school on Friday, May 8th. Underwriting at this level will provide an invitation to join their grandchildren at the school for cookies and milk. What a special treat with their grandchildren!
2) Underwriting of $100 + - Includes Cookies and Milk with Grand Friends PLUS membership for the 2015 – 2016 newly forming Grand Friends Club! Members of the Grand Friends Club will have special volunteer opportunities during the 2015 – 2016 school year. They will also receive a special decal for their car as well as a Grand Friends button to wear while volunteering at the school.
All donations will be recognized on our Tanglewood website. Donations received prior to February 2, 2015 will also receive recognition in our Auction Brochure.
TWO OPTIONS FOR YOUR SUPPORT
1) Click HERE to complete both your contract and donation online.
2) Click HERE to download and print out a copy of the contract. Send the completed contract and donation to school with your student. Checks should be made payable to Tanglewood PTA
Kindergarten Registration Information
Thursday June 11th from 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
The following items are needed to register a student for school:
- Original official birth certificate (Not a hospital certificate)
- Child's social security card
- Immunization record
- Parent ID
- Proof of residency in Tanglewood's attendance area - Current utility bill (Gas, water, or electric) or lease agreement with child listed as occupant.
ONLINE FAMILY DIRECTORY
For security purposes, only families that confirmed or submitted their data to the PTA will be allowed to access the directory. An email was sent to these families with the directory and mobile app links. The directory is password protected.
You do NOT have to display your family's information to access the directory. We just have to confirm you are a current TW family.
Want directory access or need to update your information? Email us anytime:
Julie Lourcey at email@example.com
Cara Kennemer at firstname.lastname@example.org
A message from the PTA
Do you have an opinion about funding for Texas schools? Your voice is key to our efforts to pass laws that protect and enhance the lives of the children of Texas, offering educational opportunity to all.
Legislators are more likely to consider your opinions as a constituent than almost any other.
Get in touch with your representative and let them know how you feel about funding for public schools.
To find your Texas State Representative and your Texas State Senator visit http://www.fyi.legis.state.tx.us/.
The most important thing to remember is that your voice is important. You CAN and you DO make a difference when you decide to use your voice. Stay involved!
Visit the FWISD Tanglewood Page!
Welcome to the Website
Join PTA today!