To test the TaintDroid build and the TaintDroid Runner you can use the TaintDroidTester.apk
The TaintDroid Tester consists of five main parts:
- Network Send
- Cipher Usage
Choose the tagged element to sent, type in a valid IP address (e.g. you local one determined by ifconfig
), and press the Send
This activity allows to send SMS in nine different flavors:
- Send (default): Send the text without any tagged elements
- Send (with include): Send the text and append an tagged element (defined in include)
- Send (without input): Send a message without any input, ignore the provided text
- Send multipart SMS (default | with include | without input): Like Send (default | with include | without input) but does some padding (1234567890...) to make the message more than 150 characters long
- Send data SMS (default | with include | without input): Like Send (default | with include | without input) but generates a data message by doing a byte data = text.getBytes()
All SMS are sent to 01736626622. The source number is hard-coded as 01751234567.
The message "without input" is "This is a message without any user input".
In the cipher usage activity it is possible to call the de- and encryption APIs. By choosing an include a tagged element is appended to the text to be de-/encrypted.
With the call activity it is possible to simulate a GSM call.
In the misc activity several test actions are triggered.