Health and exercise experts advise that an exercise program for people with arthritis should incorporate exercises that improve muscular strength, flexibility, and fitness. ~ Muscle strength is important for supporting and protecting joints, which will reduce pain. ~ Flexibility exercises also help to reduce pain and stiffness, enabling you to move easier. ~ Stamina or fitness is important for overall health and proper function of your heart, lungs, and muscles. ~ Tai Chi is proven to improve all of these components.
- The movements emphasis weight transference which helps balance and prevents falls. Additional benefits include improved relaxation, posture, and immunity.
- Class is held:1600 Park Street, Sault Ste Marie MI
Tuesdays, 7:00pm - 8:15pm at the
Faith Lutheran Church
(the attractive church located behind Nevilles)
Thursdays, 10:00am - 11:30am at the
Northern Life Studio for Healing Arts
529 Court St, Sault Michigan
- Register by calling 906.748.1788, 906.635.4702 or 906.203.1743
or at any session.
- Cost is $40 for those under 60 years of age, $35 for those 60 years +
for 7 week sessions, Scholarships are available.
- To order DVDs/Books/CDs go to http://taichiproductions.com.
Group orders of 10 or more items receive a 30% instructor discount.
See your instructor to get on the order list.
A brochure is attached below. It contains information about all classes being offered and instructions on registration.
Attached below is a list of the forms with brief descriptions. It is intended for use by students to help remember the sequence and general structure of the movements. It is not intended that a person would be able to use this document to learn the set without instruction.
You might also be interested in the Arthritis Foundation Let's Move Together program.