School of Economics
Sogang University, Seoul, Korea
E-mail: ahn83 at sogang.ac.kr, tahn.83 at gmail.com
Ph.D., Economics, The Ohio State University, June 2008.
M.A., Economics, Sogang University, February 2000.
B.A., Economics, Sogang University, February 1998.
Faculty, School of Economics, Sogang University, September 2011 – present,
Faculty, Department of Economics, Kyung Hee University, September 2010 – August 2011.
Research Fellow, Korea Labor Institute, August 2008 – August 2010.
Officer, Korea Financial Telecommunications and Clearings Institute, February 2000 – May 2002.
Labor Economics, Empirical Microeconomics.
- Grandparent Caregiving and Cognitive Functioning Among Older People: Evidence from Korea, (with Kyong Duk Choi), Forthcoming, Review of Economics of the Household.
- Labor Structure within Multinational Enterprises: Evidence from Korean Employer-Employee Matched Data, (with Jung Hur, Haeyeon Yoon), Forthcoming, Global Economic Review.
- Assessing the Effects of Reemployment Bonuses on Job Search: A Regression Discontinuity Approach, Journal of Public Economics, 165, September 2018, 82-100.
- An Analysis of Employment Dynamics in the Republic of Korea: The Role of Temporary Work and Self-Employment, International Labour Review, 155 (4), December 2016, 563-585.
- Reduction of Working Time: Does It Lead to a Healthy Lifestyle?, Health Economics, 25 (8), August 2016, 969-983.
- Locus of Control and Job Turnover, Economic Inquiry, 53 (2), April 2015, 1350-1365.
- The Employment Dynamics of Less Educated Men in the United States: The Role of Self-Employment, Canadian Journal of Economics, 48 (1), February 2015, 110-133.
- Employment Dynamics of Married Women and the Role of Part-Time Work: The Case of Korea, Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, 53 (1), June 2012, 25-38.
- Racial Differences in Self-Employment Exits, Small Business Economics, 36 (2), February 2011, 169-186.
- Divorce as Risky Behavior (with Audrey Light), Demography, 47 (4), November 2010, 895-921.
- Attitudes toward Risk and Self-Employment of Young Workers, Labour Economics, 17 (2) April 2010, 434-442.
Publications in Korean
- An Analysis of Informal Caregiving and Labor Market Outcomes (with Kyong Duk Choi), Health and Social Welfare Review, 39(1) March 2019.
- Business Cycle and Labor Market Transitions : A Comparison among Demographic Groups. (with Young-Geun Goh), Korean Journal of Labor Economics, 41(2) June 2018.
- The Effects of Early Child Care Choices on Children’s Development. (with Kyong Duk Choi), Quarterly Journal of Labor Policy, 18(2) June 2018.
- Impacts of Grandchildren Caregiving on the Health of Grandparents: An Instrumental Variable Approach (with Kyong Duk Choi), Korean Health Economic Review, 22(3) September 2016.
- Non-Cognitive Traits and Early Labor Market Outcomes. (with Young-Geun Goh), Journal of Employment and Skill Development, 19(2) August 2016
- Intergenerational Income Mobility among Daughters in Korea: The Role of Marital Sorting. (with Kilim Choi), Journal of Women and Economics, 12(2) December 2015.
- The Effectiveness of the Early Reemployment Bonus: the Role of the Policy Change in 2010, Korean Journal of Labor Economics, 37(4) December 2014.
- Gender wage gap across the wage distribution in Korea, Korea Review of Applied Economics, 14(1) June 2012.
- Employment Status of Men and the Family Formation, Quaterly Journal of Labor Policy, 10(3) September 2010.
- Job Loss and Wife’s Labor Supply: Female Labor as an Insurance, Korea Review of Applied Economics, 11(3) December 2009.