· Set out 900 place cards
· Rearrange chairs to match needs
· Hang signs for directions
Step 1 Registration Assistant (11:30-6PM, includes lunch)
Qualities: Pleasant, good knowledge of alphabet
Step 3 Registration Assistant (11:30-6PM, includes lunch)
· Assign Poster Board location on the exhibit floor
Step 4 Registration Assistant (11:30-6PM, includes lunch)
· Distribute Certificates of Participation and SCVSEFA Pins and Judging Day Instructions.
· Help students/teachers/parents find drop-off area and parking areas
· Direct parking areas for those eligible, and check their names off list.
- Check off list and sort papers judges turn in
· Help judges find their table in large meeting room
Door Monitors ( 1:45-6PM )
Qualilties: Stern mien, disciplinedParking Lot/Security Guides ( 9AM-6:30PM in 3hr shifts )
· Prevent traffic stoppage in the South Hall area of the Convention Center.
2. Help set up the Exhibit Hall for the Fair. Many hands are needed to physically set up the room in which the competition takes place. This is done Tuesday March 11th at the San Jose Convention Center, South Hall. No experience is required, and there are a large variety of jobs to be done. Come and join the fun for any time period you are able by contacting our volunteer coordinator.
3. Be a general volunteer on Fair day, Wednesday March 12. We need all the help we can get! Contact our volunteer coordinator.
5. Visit with the Student Participants. Plan to come to the South Hall of the San Jose Convention Center, on Wednesday, March 12 from 5pm-6 pm to visit with the students and discuss their projects. If interested please mark this date on your calendar and bring a colleague with you.
- Support your local school's science fair efforts and attend its exhibition.