SYNGJOO CHOI (최승주)
- Professor, Department of Economics, Seoul National University.
- Mailing Address: Department of Economics, Seoul National University, 1 Gwanak-ro, Gwanak-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
- Email: syngjooc at snu.ac.kr
- On leave in the academic year 2018/2019: Faculty of Economics & Clare Hall College, University of Cambridge, UK
- Probability Weighting and Cognitive Ability, May 2018 (with Jeongbin Kim, Eungik Lee, and Jungmin Lee). [Online Appendices]
- Do Teaching Practices Matter for Cooperation?, August 2018 (with Booyuel Kim, Minseon Park, and Yoonsoo Park). [Online Appendices]
- Property Rights and Fairness: A Tale of Two Koreas, January 2018 (with Byung-Yeon Kim, Jungmin Lee, and Sokbae Lee) [Online Appendices].
- Financial Contagion in Networks: A Market Experiment, June 2017 (with Edoardo Gallo and Brian Wallace) [Online Appendices].
- Interdependent Value Auctions with Insider Information: Theory and Experiment , September 2018 (with Jinwoo Kim and José-Alberto Guerra) [Online Appendices]
- The Development of Preferences for Institutions: Evidence from North Korean Refugees , August 2015 (with Byung-Yeon Kim, Seo-young Silvia Kim, Jungmin Lee, and Sokbae Lee)
- The Role of Education Interventions in Improving Economic Rationality, October 2018 (with Hyuncheol Bryant Kim, Booyuel Kim, and Cristian Pop-Eleches). Science, 362(6410), 83-86. [Supplementary Materials], [AEA RCT Registry]
- Economic System and Financial Literacy: Evidence from North Korean Refugees, September 2017 (with Minjung Kim and Jungmin Lee). Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, 53(11).
- An Experimental Study of Sponsored-Search Auctions, March 2017 (with Yeon-Koo Che and Jinwoo Kim). Games and Economic Behavior, 102, 20-43.
- Do Institutions Affect Social Preferences? Evidence from Divided Korea, December 2017 (with Byung-Yeon Kim, Jungmin Lee, Sokbae Lee, and Kyunghui Choi). Journal of Comparative Economics, 45(4), 865-888. [Online Appendices]
- Trading in Networks: Theory and Experiment, August 2017 (with Andrea Galeotti and Sanjeev Goyal). Journal of the European Economic Association, 15(4), 784-817. [Online Appendices]
- Networks in the Laboratory (with Edoardo Gallo and Shachar Kariv). 2016. Oxford Handbook of the Economics of Networks, edited by Yann Bramoullé, Andrea Galeotti, and Brian Rogers, Oxford University Press.
- Reserve Price Effects in Auctions: Estimates from Multiple RD Designs, 2016 (with Lars Nesheim and Imran Rasul). Economic Inquiry, 54(1), 294-314. [Online Appendices]
- Estimating Ambiguity Aversion in a Portfolio Choice Experiment, 2014 (with David Ahn, Douglas Gale, and Shachar Kariv), Quantitative Economics, 5(2), 195-223. [Supplementary Materials], [Replication Files]
- Who Is (More) Rational? 2014 (with Shachar Kariv, Wieland Müller and Dan Silverman), American Economic Review, 104(6), 1518-1550. [Online Appendices], [Replication Files]
- Communication, Coordination and Networks, 2014 (with Jihong Lee), Journal of the European Economic Association, 12(1), 223-247. [Online Appendices], [Replication Files]
- A Cognitive Hierarchy Model of Learning in Networks, 2012, Review of Economic Design, 16(2), 215-250.
- Social Learning in Networks: A Quantal Response Equilibrium Analysis of Experimental Data, 2012 (with Douglas Gale and Shachar Kariv), Review of Economic Design, 16(2),135-157.
- Network Architecture, Salience and Coordination, September 2011 (with Douglas Gale, Shachar Kariv and Thomas Palfrey), Games and Economic Behavior, 73(1), 76-90. [Appendix I], [Appendix II], and [Appendix III]
- Sequential Equilibrium in Monotone Games: A Theory-Based Analysis of Experimental Data, December 2008 (with Douglas Gale and Shachar Kariv), Journal of Economic Theory, 143(1), 302-330. [Appendix]
- Consistency and Heterogeneity of Individual Behavior under Uncertainty, December 2007 (with Raymond Fisman, Douglas Gale and Shachar Kariv), American Economic Review, 97(5), 1921- 1938. [Online Appendices], [Data]
- Revealing Preferences Graphically: An Old Method Gets a New Tool Kit, (with Raymond Fisman, Douglas Gale and Shachar Kariv), American Economic Review, Papers and Proceedings, May 2007, 97(2), 153-58.
- Behavioral Aspects of Learning in Social Networks: An Experimental Study, 2005 (with Douglas Gale and Shachar Kariv). Advances in Applied Microeconomics (Vol. 13), Behavioral and Experimental Economics, edited by John Morgan, JAI Press.
Publications in Korean
Publications in Korean
- 시간선호 안정성: 채무조정제도 이용자 대상 경제학 실험, 2018 (공동저자: 신진욱, 박정민, 홍석철), 시장경제연구, 47(3), 1-42.
- 채무조정제도 이용자들의 경제적 합리성과 경제적 성과, 2018 (공동저자: 박정민, 신진욱, 홍석철), 경제학연구, 66(2), 87-118.
- 개발협력분야에서의 실험·행태경제학. 2017 (공동저자: 김부열, 박벼리, 이지영). 한국국제협력단.
- 잔반줄이기 캠페인 효과평가: 현장실험을 이용하여, 2017 (공동저자: 김세직, 오혜원), 경제논집, 56(2), 125-144.
- 행태경제학의 이슈와 동향, 2015, 경제논집, 54(1), 277-299.
- 게임이론과 합리적인 인간, 2015 (공동저자: 김서영), 물리학과 첨단기술, 24(1/2), 12-17.