- Hypothyroidism (pronounced) is the disease state in humans and in
vertebrates caused by insufficient production of thyroid hormones by the thyroid
gland. Cretinism is a form of hypothyroidism found in infants.
- Too little thyroid hormone. Symptoms include weight gain, constipation, dry
skin and sensitivity to the cold. Also called hypothyroidism.
- A physical or mental feature that is regarded as indicating a condition of
disease, particularly such a feature that is apparent to the patient
- (symptom) (medicine) any sensation or change in bodily function that is
experienced by a patient and is associated with a particular disease
- Symptoms is a 1974 British horror film directed by Jose Ramon Larraz. It was
entered into the 1974 Cannes Film Festival. Although circulated privately
through bootlegs, the original prints are missing, and was last show on British
television in 1983.
- A sign of the existence of something, esp. of an undesirable
- (symptom) anything that accompanies X and is regarded as an indication of
- A female worker or employee
- (woman) a female person who plays a significant role (wife or mistress or
girlfriend) in the life of a particular man; "he was faithful to his
- An adult human female
- A wife, girlfriend, or lover
- (woman) an adult female person (as opposed to a man); "the woman kept house
while the man hunted"
- (woman) charwoman: a human female employed to do housework; "the char will
clean the carpet"; "I have a woman who comes in four hours a day while I
symptoms of underactive thyroid in
women - A Complete
A Complete Look at Hypothyroidism: Underactive Thyroid Symptoms and
Hypothyroidism is the medical term for an
under-active thyroid gland. Hypothyroid disorders account for about 80% of
thyroid disease cases, with the other 20% being hyperthyroid disorders
(overactive thyroid). In this book, I address the subjects of symptoms,
diagnosis and treatments for hypothyroidism. Also included, is my personal story
about developing hypothyroidism, caused by the condition of thyroid autoimmunity
called "Hashimoto's thyroiditis". Due to some difficulties I experienced in
having proper testing ordered for my thyroid disorder and afterward being
properly treated for it, I became "proactive" in my health care, which I
recommend to other patients. I also discuss blood tests and other diagnostic
methods for detecting under-functioning thyroid glands and many aspects of
thyroid hormone replacement therapy. It is my hope that this book provides the
reader with a good general education on the subject of hypothyroidism. This book
(approximately 8,010 words in length) is not intended to be an extensive manual
but is intended to contain information most often sought by laypersons on the
subject. CONTENTS: CHAPTER ONE: Symptoms and Diagnosis of Hypothyroidism CHAPTER
TWO: Common Causes of Hypothyroidism CHAPTER THREE: Treatment for Hypothyroidism
CHAPTER FOUR: The Pros and Cons of Hypothyroid Treatment CHAPTER FIVE: Book
Review for "Hypothyroidism in Childhood and Adulthood" CHAPTER SIX: My Personal
Experience with Hypothyroidism
Dreamy Hues (359/365)
The pendant in the middle is chrysocolla--a
stone I like in general, and collect, but also, if you are interested in crystal
healing, one that is good for thyroid health (I have an underactive thyroid--not
a big deal, I take medication, but someone suggested wearing it). Just figuring
out what I want to use with it...
Mama, do I look thinner?
Chubbs recently started medication for an
underactive thyroid. Two weeks, and she's lost 3lbs already! She's got about 8
to go.... LOL!