Click aquí para versión en español
About 12-14 bars
1. Pre-heat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
2. Place oats, almonds and coconut on a baking sheet, mix and spread well with your hands. Roast for 8-10 minutes or until they're slightly roasted. Remove from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes.
3. Reduce oven temperature to 325ºF (163ºC).
4. In a small saucepan melt the butter on medium heat, then add the honey, brown sugar and salt and stir until the sugar dissolves. Turn off the heat, add the vanilla extract and then set aside.
5. Place the roasted oats in a large bowl and add the raisins and cherries, mix well. Now pour the butter and honey mixture over the dry ingredients and mix again. You can also add the chocolate chips if you want the bars to have a little bit of chocolate flavor.
6. Transfer the granola mixture onto an 8 x 8 inch (20 x 20 cm) baking pan covered with parchment paper. Spread it well and press firmly with your hands.
7. Bake for 20-30 minutes. Then take it out of the oven and let it cool completely inside the baking pan. Take the granola mixture out of the baking pan and divide it into bars the size that you want.