Honey Roasted Chicken Tea Sandwiches
½ cup honey
¼ cup minced shallot
1 T fresh lemon zest
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp coarse salt
¼ tsp black pepper
1 (1 lb) boneless skinless chicken breasts
18 (2 ½ inch) rounds very thin whole wheat bread, toasted
2 cups baby arugula
Garnish: clover leaves
1. In large bowl, combine honey, shallot, lemon zest, juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper.
2. Add chicken cover and refrigerate for 4 hours, stirring occasionally
3. Preheat to 425
4. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
5. Remove chicken from bowl, reserving marinade and pat dry. Place chicken on prepared baking sheet.
6. Bake until a meat thermometer inserted into a thick piece reaches 170 degrees ~ 25-30 minutes.
7. Remove from oven let rest for 10 minutes
8. Shred chicken and set aside
9. In small saucepan, cook reserved marinade over med-high heat and bring to boil. Cook until mixture is reduced by half, 10-25 minutes. Set aside to cool
10. Place arugula on each toasted round. Pile shredded chicken on arugula and pour 2 tsp reserved sauce over shredded chicken.
11. Garnish as desired.