Creamy Chicken Crescents
Makes 1 dozen
2 T Olive Oil
2 T butter
1 T minced garlic
1 ½ cup chopped fresh mushrooms
½ cup chopped green onion
½ cup chopped red bell pepper
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
¼ tsp granulated garlic
1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
1 ½ cups chopped cooked chicken
2 (10.1 oz) cans crescent rolls (Pillsbury Big and Flaky)
2 T butter, melted
¼ cup Italian flavored panko (Japanese bread crumbs) ~ may be omitted or substituted for any bread crumbs
1 tsp parsley flakes
1. In large skillet, heat olive oil and butter over med-high heat until butter is elted. Add garlic; cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
2. Add mushrooms, green onion, red pepper, salt, pepper and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes
3. Reduce heat to low and add cream cheese, stirring until melted.
4. Add chicken, mixing until combined
5. Remove from heat; cool for 5 minutes
6. Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
7. Separate crescent dough into 12 triangles; place on prepared pan. Spoon about 3 T chicken mixture near base of triangle and roll up, crescent style. Brush each crescent with melted butter.
8. Sprinkle with panko and parsley flakes
9. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown