These rich and delicious scones provide a great reason to enjoy the cold winher nights. The warm and hearty flavors will have you convinced that winter isn't worth giving up just quite yet.
Ingredients | Makes 9 Scones
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour and sugar. Using a pastry blender (or knives or hands if unavailable) cut butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Add cheese, bacon and chives and stir with a wooden spoon.
5. Add cream, stirring until all ingredients are combined and a soft dough forms. If dough seems dry and mixture does not come together, add more cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, until a dough forms.
6. Using a ¼-cup scoop, drop dough onto prepared baking sheet.
7. Bake until lightly browned, approximately 20 minutes.
8. Serve warm.
NOTE: These can be made early in the day and then warmed in a conventional oven at 350 degrees for 5 minutes. Do not reheat in a microwave oven.
If you are not a fan of blue cheese, though it’s distinct flavor complements bacon and bread quite well, you can substitute your favorite cheddar.