" God Gave Me Nothing I wanted , He Gave Me Everything I Needed "
Vijayalakshmi S is the Assistant Professor (Senior) in Architecture and Embedded Systems Divisions, School of Computing Sciences at Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT University), Vellore, India and Currently with Ryerson University, Canada as a Visiting Researcher . Her current research interests are Real-Time Systems, Image Processing and Computer architecture, Internet Security. She is currently serving as a technical reviewer and program committee member for International conferences. She holds a Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from Bharathiar University (now Anna University, Chennai) India and M.S. in Information Technology and currently doing Ph.D at Malardalen University, Sweden under the guidance of Dr. Sasikumar Punnekkat, Professor, School of Innovation ,Design and Engineering , Malardalen University, Sweden and Dr. D.P.Kothari , Senior Professor & Vice chancellor , VIT University,India. She is a recipient of EURECA (EUROPEAN RESEARCH EDUCATION & COLLABORATION WITH ASIA) Research Fellowship award and currently pursuing her Research under EURECA Research Fellowship at Malardalen University, Sweden. She has taken part of her research studies one course work at University of Rochester, USA. She is serving as a Technical Evangelist for Asia Open Source Software Community, CICC, Japan and all over Asian Countries. She is a Member of IEEE, ACM, CSI and a member of N2WOMEN (Networking Networking Women) IEEE/ACM Women in Engineer and she is a Chair for IEEE-WIE VIT affinity group, VIT University, India.
June 2006 –December 2006
IIT, Madras ,Project officer
Image processing, “Probabilistic classification satellite Image landform patterns” under Dr. Sukhendu Das ,Associate Professor, Dept.of CSE, IIT Madras
1. Program committee member for international conference, Varna, Bulgaria http://2008.informingscience.org/program_committee.
2. Program committee member for SETIT 2009,2010,2011, Hammamet, Tunisia from 22 to 26 March 2009
3. Program committee member for international conference InSiTE 2009, Macon State College, Macon, Georgia, USA,J u n e 12 - 15, 2 0 0 9
4. Program committee member for the First international workshop on Mobile and Wireless networks MoWIN 2009,Korea university http://www.netwsa.com/mowprogram.html
5. Program committee member for international conference ITiCSE 2009, Paris ,July 3-8, 2009
6. Program committee member for international conference ,MobileHCI 2009 , University of Bonn, Germany
7. Program committee member for The First International Conference on Networks & Communications (NetCoM-2009), Chennai, India , http://airccse.org/nc/netcom2009.html
8. Program committee member for The First International Conference on Networks & Communications Security, (NCS-2009) , Chennai, India, http://airccse.org/ncs/program.html
9. Program committee member for The First International Workshop on Wireless, Mobile Networks & Applications (WiMoA 2009), China , http://airccse.org/wimoa/program.html
10. Program Committee Member and International Research Committee Member for International Conference on Computer Sciences and Convergence Information Technology(ICCIT2009) http://www.aicit.org/iccit/internationalcommittees.html
11. Program committee member for International Conference on Information& Communication Systems (iCICS2009). http://www.icics.info/committees.
12. Program committee member for The First International Workshop on Network Security and Applications (WNSA 2009) Busan, South Korea http://www.airccse.org/wnsa/programcom.html
13. Program committee member for compute 2010-2012 acm conference ,http://compute.acmbangalore.org/cfp10.html14. Program committee member for The 2nd International Conference on Interaction Sciences: Information Technology, Culture and Human ICIS2009 http://www.aicit.org/icis/commitee.html
15. Program committee member for The 7nd International Conference on Networked computing and advanced Information Management NCM2011 http://www.aicit.org/ncm/committee.html
16. Program committee member for COSIT 2011 & ETWIT 2011
http://coneco2009.com/cosit/program.html & http://coneco2009.com/etwit/program.html
Technical Reviewer for International Conferences:
15. Technical Reviewer for Technical symposium on Computer Science Education, SIGCSE 2008-2012 March 12-15, 2008 Portland, Oregon, USA
16. Technical Reviewer for iConferences-2008 ,UCLA (University Of California , Los Angels)
17. Technical Reviewer for INSITE-08 , Bulgaria ,Varna
18. Technical Reviewer for AOM -2008, California.
19. Technical Reviewer for ACM MobileHCI-2008, Netherland
20. Technical Reviewer for ICCC08 ,Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
21. Technical Reviewer for International conference on Human and Machine Interaction ,HCI 08
22. Technical Reviewer for Technical symposium on Computer Science Education, SIGCSE 2009.
23. Technical Reviewer for iCoferences 2009
24. Technical Reviewer for ITiCSE 2009, Paris, July 3-8, 2009
25. Technical Reviewer for AOM 2009, New York
26. Technical Reviewer for MobileHCI 2009, University of Bonn, Germany.
27. Technical Reviewer for ISIEA 2009, Kuala Lumpur
28. Technical Reviewer for International journal on Supercomputing
29. Technical Reviewer for the 3rd International Multi-Conference on Society, Cybernetics and Informatics IMSCI 2009
30.Technical Reviewer for SIGCSE 2010 The 41st ACM Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education March 10-13, 2010, Milwaukee, WI, USA
31.Technical Reviewer for iConference 2010, Feb 3-6, 2010 University of Illinois at urbana-champaign,USA
32.Technical Reviewer for International Journal of WSEAS(The World Scientific and Engineering Academy and Society)
33. Technical Reviewer for PISTA 2010 http://www.iiis2010.org/imsci/Website/AdditionalReviewers.asp?vc=4
1. S.Vijayalakshmi, T.Senthil Kumar “An Implementation of Embedded Web server” Proceeding of the International Conference on Resource Utilization and Intelligent Systems INCRUIS-06, Perundurai, India, January 2006
2. S.Vijayalakshmi, T.Senthil Kumar, G.Jeyakumar “VLSI Based Implementation Of Web Enabled Camera Using Embedded Web Server", Proceeding of the National Conference on Network Security (NCNS 2005),Cochin, India , February 2005.
3. Vijayalakshmi S , Prabu D “A Novel Application Framework for the Image Manipulation and Protection for the Internet Application” Accepted for the publication in the International Conference on Information Science and IT education Conference ( InSITE 2009), June 12-15, 2009, Macon, Georgia, USA. http://proceedings.informingscience.org/InSITE2009/InSITE09p115-126S586.pdf
4. Vijayalakshmi S and Prabu D "Performance Analysis of Code Optimization Techniques Using OpenMP on Multi-Core" Accepted for the Publication as Regular research Paper(RRP) in WORLDCOM'09,The 2009 World Congress on Computer Design (CDES'09), Las Vegas, USA July 13-16, 2009
5. Vijayalakshmi S, Prabu D and Vinodhvenkatesh T M "A Unified Framework for Analysis of MPEG-4 Algorithms and CODEC Development" Accepted for the Publication in the 4th IEEE International Conference on Computer Sciences and Convergence Information Technology (ICCIT '09), Seoul, Korea, November 24 to 26, 2009.
6. Vijayalakshmi S , Madhuri Kota, Nimisha Gupta" Major Research Challenges in Face Recognition” accpetd for the publication of IEEE Women in Engineering Congress 2009 WIE'CON '09 ,Bangalore , Oct 23-24 , 2009.
7. Vijayalakshmi S, Abhilash Thekkilakattil “A Novel Adaptive Framework for Energy Minimization using Pipelining Technique”, IRCSE’09, Malardalen University, Vasteras, Sweden.
8. Presented paper entitled “ Eureka: A Team of Autonomous Mobile Agents Competing in CyberRescue 2009” , Abhilash Thekkilakattil, Anju S Pillai, Vijayalakshmi Saravanan and H¨useyin Aysan, RTSS 2009 The 30th IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium December 1 -
December 4, 2009, the Fairmont Hotel, Washington, D.C., USA.
9. Vijayalakshmi Saravanan, Senthil Kumar Chandran, Sasikumar Punnekkat, D. P. Kothari " A Study on Factors Influencing Power Consumption in Multithreaded and Multicore CPU’s " , in WSEAS TRANSACTIONS on COMPUTERS Included in ISI/SCI Web of Science and Web of Knowledge, issue 3 Volume 10, 2011 ISSN: 1109-2750.
10. Vijayalakshmi Saravanan, Mohan Radhakrishnan, Dr. J.Vaideesaran, Dr.D.P.Kothari " An Analysis of Power and Performance Trade-offs on Multi-core in OpenMP Programs" in International Journal of Science and Advanced Technology, Volume 1 Issue 7 ,September 2011, pp:188-197.Weblink: http://www.ijsat.com/view.php?id=2011:September:Volume%201%20Issue%207
11. Vijayalakshmi Saravanan, A.Anpalaga, Dr.D.P.Kothari “Optimizing stall reduction algorithm on Power-Performance on Multi-core CPUs " poster presentation in SC11, Seattle, USA on Nov12-18,2011.
12. Vijayalakshmi Saravanan, A.Anpalaga, Dr.D.P.Kothari “An Analysis of Optimizing Power-Performance on Multi-core CPUs " poster presentation accepted for HiPC 2011, Bengaluru (Bangalore), India from Dec. 18 - 21, 2011.
Workshop and Conference Organized:
1. Organized National conference on Education and Research, confER2008, VIT University, Vellore, India
2. Invited speaker for National Workshop on Web Application, VIT University, Vellore, India
3. Invited speaker for AICTE Faculty Development program at various colleges and universities .
4. Organized IEEE-CSI-CICC workshop on Open source software development.
5. Organized Faculty Development program on Rational rose SEED, IBM at VIT University
6. Swatantra’09 at VIT University on Aug 1-2,2009, http://www.vit.ac.in/events2009/scs/cicc.pdf
International and National Workshop and Conferences Attended:
1. Attended AOSS International Training program, Bangkok , Thailand ,2006
2. Attended AOSS Master Trainers workshop , Singapore, 2007
3. Attended AOSS Master Trainers workshop , Kuala Lumpur, 2008
4. Attended Program optimization Techniques for multi core architecture , IIT Kanpur
5. Attended Microsystems Technology ,IISc Bangalore
6. Attended Electronic Commerce , IISc Bangalore
7. Attended (ICHMI) Human Machine Interface, IISc Bangalore
8. Attended IET VIE 2006,IISc Bangalore
9. Attended Recent Trends in processor Architecture , NIT Trichy
10.Attended C# and .NET Framework, Anna university
11.Attended FDP on Data Structures and Algorithms, MIT Chennai
12. Attended Training program on SUN Solaris certification, VIT University
Editorial board member for the Book on Open Source and Freeware Solutions in Education: Theory and Practice, 2010-2011, Informing Science Institute
Editor for Journal of Convergence Information Technology http://www.aicit.org/jcit/editorial.html
EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES :