Susan A. Cohen, PhD
(formerly Susan A.C. Rosen)
Department of English and Communications at Anne Arundel Community College
- English 121: Saving the Planet: One Bite at a Time
- English 121: Questioning Authority
- English 200: Introduction to Creative Writing
- English 201: Fiction Writing Workshop
- English 204: Creative Nonfiction Workshop
- English 205: Creative Writing Portfolio-Capstone Project
- English 217: American Literature 1945 to the Present
- English 250: The Literature of the Chesapeake Bay and its Watershed
- English 275-277: Literary Publishing Practicum
Areas of expertise:
- Contemporary American Literature
- American Nature Writing
- Creative Writing
- Coastal Literature
Degrees and Universities:
- University of Maryland, PhD, 1994 (American Literature)
- University of Maryland, MA, 1983 (Creative Writing emphasis)
- State University of New York—Albany, BA, 1978 (History)
- Dunlap, Julie and Cohen, Susan A, eds. Coming of Age at the End of Nature: A Generation Faces Living on a Changed Planet. San Antonio, Trinity University Press, 2016.
- Caplow, Florence and Cohen, Susan A, eds. Wildbranch: An Anthology of Nature, Environmental, and Place-based Writing. Salt Lake City: The University of Utah Press, 2010. Print.
- Rosen, Susan A. C. ed. Shorewords: A Collection of American Women’s Coastal Writings. Charlottesville: University of Virginia Press, 2003. Print.
- Rosen, Susan A.C. English 101: Introduction to Writing. College Park: University of Maryland’s University College Press, 1995. Print.
- Association for the Study of Literature and Environment (ASLE)
- Association of Writers and Writing Programs (AWP)
- League for Innovation at the Community College (LICC)
- Modern Language Association (MLA)
- Anne Arundel County Master Watershed Steward