Office : +91 72590 07247
Res : +91 80 4206 2564
Cell : +91 99450 12775
csur (AT) linuxmail (DOT) org
Greetings ! I am currently working as a Senior Computational Scientist in the innovations, research and development (IRD) lab at the Shell Technology Center, Bangalore.
By training I am an computational atomic physicist. I work on applied physics related to upstream petroleum research, high performance computing - performance tools and big data, algorithms and applications to atomic astrophysics. Previously I was working as a research scientist at the high performance computing group, IBM Systems and Technology Lab at Bangalore, India. Prior to that, I worked at Department of Astronomy, the Ohio State University, USA and Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Bangalore, India. Spending about six years as post-doctoral researcher I have moved to the industry with the idea of interfacing effectively the "not so popular" industry-academia collaboration.
My research interests
are the following :
My resume can be found here in PDF format. I try to keep my resume updated !
- Applied High performance Computing (HPC) - Application of HPC in atomic physics, astrophysics, quantum chemistry, bio medicine and petrophysics.
- Parallel computing tools and algorithm, energy efficient HPC (green HPC)
- High Performance Data Analytics
- Atomic many-body theories - coupled-cluster theory, many-body perturbation theory
- R-matrix theory of electron scattering
- Photoionization and recombination in atoms; radiative transitions
- Biomedical applications of nanospectroscopy
| Updated : Nov 9, 2012