2013 the year of the Awards.
|AWARD SHOW||CLIENT|| WINS|
|20 Best Designed Tourism Websites in the World ||VISITFLORIDA ||Digital |
|Interactive Media Awards Q3 2013||VISITFLORIDA||Outstanding Achievement Award for Travel / Tourism|
|Mobile WebAwards||VISITFLORIDA||Outstanding Mobile Website|
|Travel Weekly - Magellan Awards | Online Travel Services||VISITFLORIDA||Silver Magellan Award|
|Travel Weekly - Magellan Awards | Destinations US/Canada Beaches ||VISITFLORIDA ||Silver Magellan Award|
|Travel Weekly - Magellan Awards | US/Canada Family Destinations||VISITFLORIDA ||Gold Magellan Award |
|Travel Weekly - Magellan Awards | Hospitality Marketing Website ||VISITFLORIDA ||Silver Magellan Award |
|Travel Weekly - Magellan Awards | Web Marketing/Advertising ||VISITFLORIDA ||Gold Magellan Award|
|Travel Weekly - Magellan Awards | Online Travel Services/Website||VISITFLORIDA ||Silver Magellan Award |
|Travel Weekly - Magellan Awards | Online Travel Services/Web Marketing/Advertising||VISITFLORIDA ||Silver Magellan Award|
|Travel Weekly - Magellan Awards | Online Travel Services/Marketing/Advertising/Marketing Campaign||VISITFLORIDA ||Gold Magellan Award|
|Mobile Excellence Awards||ESPN X GAMES ||Best Mobile Integration for Sports Category |
|Mobile Excellence Awards||ESPN X GAMES||Best Entertainment Integration for Mobile|
|MMA Awards The Smarties||ESPN X GAMES ||Bronze |
|Creativity International 2013 ||ESPN X GAMES ||Platinum |
I possess over fifteen years of User Interface
and Information Design
experience. My focus has been on designing usable Web sites and applications, however I also have over three years of experience as an Information Design Consultant for legal settings, translating complex trial themes into demonstrative exhibits. I have experience in managing a User Experience team of six, as well as hands on experience creating wireframes down to usability testing and other UI documentation.
In both of these roles I focused heavily on the users and target audiences
, whether it be a user of a Web site or a juror assigned to an antitrust lawsuit my goals were the same, deliver the information so the receiver is clear about the concept or direction. Comprehension, Task Completion, Ease of Use!
Professional experience in:
- Synthesizing large amounts of data into more digestible visual representations.
- Drilling down complex technical data and legal topics, creating demonstratives for a "layperson".
- PET design - designing for Persuasion, Emotion, and Trust
- Writing scenarios, personas and use cases for interfaces.
- Creating a positive user experience design from business and user requirements.
- Creating interaction models, user task flows, screen designs, and UI that promotes ease of use, improving and optimizing the user experience.
- Developing wireframes, story boards, specifications, navigation maps, and prototypes.
- Planning, moderating and analyzing results from usability testing, focus groups, mock trials, and one on one testing.
- Creating a user centered design after obtaining a full understanding of business and user needs.
- Creating interfaces for complex transactions reducing and eliminating the user's obstacles.
- Creating proposals for various research practices.
- Improving task completion times by suggesting UI modifications post research.
- Multi-tasking, prioritizing projects, and remaining conscious of budgets and time lines.
- Applying feedback to the design process.
- Leadership, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Designing for social sites and applications.
- Concept mapping.
- Rapid testing of UI changes resulting in increased revenue and leads in online marketing campaigns.
My professional background in Usability
has allowed me to collaborate and work with companies and clients such as;
- Chrysler Corporation (Jeep.com, Chrysler.com, Dodge.com)
- Scudder Kemper Investments
- World Avenue Holdings
- General Motors
- Celebrity Cruises
- Terra Lycos
- Banco Santander
- Burger King
- Norwegian Cruise Lines
- Onboard Media a Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy Owned Company
- XGames (ESPN)
- Miami Heat Group
As for my background in Information Design
I provided consulting services to many law firms and expert witnesses nationwide;
- Piper Rudnick Gray Cary in Chicago
- Hogan Hartson in Los Angeles
- Greenberg Traurig in Miami
- White & Case in New York
- Jones Day in Washington DC
- Holland & Knight in Miami and New York
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom in New York
- O'Melveny & Myers in Los Angeles
- Sidley Austin Brown & Wood in Chicago
(and many more)
Since this profession is still some what new I always like to share the story of how I actually came to be an Information Architect, Usability Expert, Usability Strategist, Usability Specialist, Information Design Consultant (and yes I've had all of those titles, I think this profession has an identity crisis).
May 1995 Emerson College Advertising Class Senior Year
In 1995 the internet was just beginning to take the world on by storm, in a classroom full of soon to be graduating seniors my professor made a very important speech that day. He told those of us graduating with an Advertising Degree, "the internet is going to be a new medium for Advertising and it will be big!". So with these words I went on to get my first job at an investment company in their Marketing Department, a few months later a new group was formed; the "eCommerce" department. I applied to become part of this phenomenon that has changed the way we live. That is how I began my career in Usability.