Come to the Golf Villas at Madden’s Resort to check in to Superhero
**Leave your overnight bags in the car- check into you room over the lunch break
10:00 Start your day with a BANG!
Mark Garrison’s high octane 50 sites Keynote- Golf Villa B
11am-12pm Session 1 (choose one)
- iPad out of the Box with David Freeburg- Villa C
- If you've never used and iPad or you're just getting used to it's power, this session will focus on the basics of how to set up an iPad, navigate it, and a start using apps that will transform the way you instruct your students.
- Classroom in the Cloud with Tracy Purdy- Villa D
- Learn how to integrate technology skills into the classroom by engaging students with Web Tools like Prezi, Glogster, Blabberize, Google Sites/Documents/Maps/Presentations, and many more.
- Google Tricks & Tips with Sean Beaverson- Villa A
- Did you know that "Control F" helps you to find items in a document, or in a browser? Me, too. Did you know that simply typing a question mark in GMail will give you a whole list of shortcuts? Me, either. In this session we'll explore some really practical tips- and in the spirit of Superhero - some really cool tips. Ooos and Ahhs are required.
- POW- Google Search Strategies with Molly Schroeder- Villa B
- Instead of SEARCHING for information, help teachers and students FIND relevant information using Google. Dive into advanced search, language tools, modifiers and operators to teach digital literacy.
12-1pm Lunch at the Madden Inn
- Check into Rooms at Front Desk (rooms may not be available until 4:30)
1:30-3:30pm Session 2 (choose one)
- iPad Us & Them with David Freeberg- Villa C
- Students use iPads in the classroom for one thing, but you as the educator have other needs. Both needs are important and different. This session will look at ways in which the iPad can be used with your students and without.
- Internet as a Force of Good with Ben Friesen and Sean Beaverson- Villa A
- Imagine having millions of superheros covering your back...the Internet is a force of good! Leverage the collaborative nature of the web in your classroom and your professional learning network by tapping into the greater good. See global collaborations, big ideas and sample lessons all in the underlying context of openness is good and many is better than one.
- Zen Master Design with John Unruh-Friesen- Villa D
- Learn the tips and tricks necessary to design visuals & presentations like a Zen Master. Professional. Clean. Focused. Beautiful. Better yet…you’ll be able to teach these principles to your students so sitting through student presentation days isn’t like being subjected to CIA “enhanced interrogation.”
4:30- 6:00pm Superhero Networking
- O’Madden Pub
- Appetizers provided
- Drink ticket included with registration packet
Optional Evening Activities
- 7 pm Bonfire
- 7:30 pm Bingo - Madden Inn, Viking Room
- 9pm Visit the O'Madden Pub for Entertainment, Madden Inn
Option: 8:30 am- 9:30 am YOGA – Lakeside A, Madden Inn
9:30-10:00am Morning Joe Welcome- Golf Villa B
10am-12pm Session 3 (choose one)
- Atomic Reactor to Power, Turbines to Speed: Google Earth with Ben Friesen- Villa C
- Google Earth is the ultimate window to the world! We will break down Google Earth into tangible bit sized pieces (and tasty sips) to demystify and show some concrete ways to use it in the classroom. Dig into Google Earth's toolbelt and build tours, record playlists, find content and learn to one-up the experience using HTML without having to learn HTML. Its not scary, its the world at your fingertips. Superheros unite!
- Creating a PLN with Sean Beaverson- Villa D
- A professional learning network is a powerful way to harness the collective knowledge of great mind from around the world. In this session either get started, or enhance your own PLN.
- YouTube in the Classroom with Molly Schroeder and Mark Garrison- Villa A
- YouTube is the second most utilized search engine on the web. Come and learn how to flip your teaching using screencasting, YouTube Playlists, and how to become a YouTube Star Teacher. Learn how to use YouTube EDU as a powerful teaching tool in the classroom.
12-1pm Lunch at the Madden Inn
1-2:30pm Session 4 (choose one)
- 12 Web Tools For Authentic Classrooms - with Mark Garrison- Villa B
- Drawing on years of experience with teachers at every grade level, Garrison examine how to turn 12 free webtools into the cornerstone of an authentic classroom. Motivate students to produce meaningful work in your classroom and beyond! Leave with innovations you can implement immediately...as well as a couple you can work towards over time.
- Digital Footprint with Molly Schroeder- Villa A
- The web is no longer about accessing information but it is a conversation that you should be adding to. Come and learn how to use Google Sites to create your digital footprint. Beginner to advanced Google Sites tips and tricks will be shared. Show the world your Superpowers with your Superhero Google Site.
- Blogger with John Unruh-Friesen- Villa D
- Allow Blogger to transform you from a mild-mannered, 20th century, paper-based communicator into a super-powered, 21st century, digital communicator. We’ll also explore rifts in the space-time continuum that allow your classroom to exist inside the blogosphere.
- 5 Utilities to Dress Up your Digital Toolbelt with Terri Osland- Villa C
- Educating young people is a challenging profession and keeping up with the changes in digital technology can dishearten even the most experienced professional. These 5 free utilities will convince you that technology CAN make your job easier and make you more effective and efficient in delivering a modern, robust learning experience to 21st century students.
2:30 Closing of the League of Justice- Villa B
- Superhero Demo SLAM
5:30pm Superhero Happy Hour & Evening activities
- 5:30-6:30 pm Viking Room Reception with complimentary cocktails and hors d'oeuvres, for all guests…WEAR YOUR COSTUMES – prizes for THE best!
- SUPERHERO Costumes Recommended! Capes are a must!
- 7 pm Bonfire
- 8:30 pm Movie – Madden Inn, Viking Room
- 9 pm-1am Stop by the O'Madden Pub for some fun entertainment! Madden Inn