Interested in learning about instructional technologies that can be used to help engage students?
Then the Tools of Engagement Project (TOEP) is just what you need!
Explore and reflect on innovative and creative uses of online instructional technologies through a set of
hands-on, self-paced, discovery activities.
The TOEP community provides a safe and supportive environment to work alongside peers and to reflect on how these emerging technology tools may impact teaching and learning.
(NOTE: Registration is open!)Congratulations to the 2015 TOEP Incentive Award Winners!!!
Faculty and staff from partnering campuses may still register, request to join the TOEP Community, complete Discovery Exercises, and earn badges. Although the TOEP Phase 3 award period to earn incentives beyond badges is closed, keep an eye on this site to be kept up to date about the potential for new incentives that may become available in the future.
1st Place awards for the most pedagogically intriguing use of a TOEP tool
(Professional Development Awards valued at $300.)
- Savelios Aslanidis, Nassau Community College
- Deborah Kimbrough-Lowe, Nassau Community College
- Marc Kiviniemi, University at Buffalo
- Elizabeth Lenz, SUNY Brockport
- Molli Oldenburg, University at Buffalo
- Kokila Parmar, University at Buffalo
- Greg Phelan, SUNY Cortland
- Gina Sipley, Nassau Community College
- Daniel Sheehan, University at Buffalo
- Marion Slaughter, University at Buffalo
2nd Place awards for the best peer mentoring and support
(iTunes cards valued at $50.)
- Stephanie Affinito, University at Albany (SUNY COTE)
- Ileana Carillo, Nassau Community College
- Jewel De La Rosa, Erie Community College (SUNY COTE)
- Katrina Fulcher, SUNY Fredonia
- Kate Graham, SUNY Cortland
- Trevor Johnson-Steigelman, SUNY Brockport
- Patrick Leiby, Binghamton University
- Kristina Maricle, SUNY Cortland
- Sonja Thomson, Empire State College
- Chris Yuen, University at Buffalo
TOEP Uber Fellows
(iTunes cards valued at $25.)
Thank you to everyone who has taken part in TOEP Phase 3!
- Katrina Fulcher, SUNY Fredonia
- Debbie Raines, University at Buffalo
- Chris Taverna, SUNY Fredonia
We appreciate your exploration and the steps that you have taken in your own knowledge and practice.
Team will be compiling the pre and post-survey responses and conduct additional research. We will present our preliminary findings at the upcoming SUNY Conference on Instructional Technologies (CIT) at the end of May. A summary report of our findings will be shared via the TOEP
Watch this video to get introduced to TOEP.
Complete your custom TOEP agenda to earn badges and other incentives. Fasten your seat belts and get ready for a discovery adventure. And remember, it's OK to have fun!
What incentives are there?
The major participation incentive is learning more about tools that have potential viability in your own practice.
- Earn (Quest, Mastery & Community) badges; and
- Become eligible for additional incentives through our peer review process.
1st Place Awards - (Professional Development Awards valued at $300 each)
Most pedagogically intriguing use of a tool as evidenced through postings to the TOEP Community.
2nd Place Awards - (iTunes cards valued at $50 each)
Best peer mentoring and support provided to other participants.
To be eligible for award incentives you need to:
Where can additional information be accessed?