There are many great places to get local and organic food in the Denver area.
Natural grocery stores near Stapleton:
- Vitamin Cottage - 5231 Leetsdale Drive, 303-399-0164 or 2375 15th Street, 303-986-4600
- Whole Foods - 2375 East 1st Avenue, 720-941-4100 or 870 S. Colorado Blvd, 303-691-0101
- Sunflower Market - 2800 S. Colorado Blvd, 303-758-4400 or 4700 W. 38th Ave, 303-433-2350
- Sprouts - 1150 S Ironton St, Unit 130 (Havana and Mississippi), Aurora, 720-278-2008
Community Supported Agriculture (CSAs):
To find a CSA anywhere, use the site localharvest.org
. Two organic CSA's near Denver, used by Stapleton residents, include:
- Grant Family Farms - One of the largest organic farms in Colorado, located in Wellington. They provide fruit, vegetables, eggs, poultry and meat. In 2009, they offered a pick-up location here in Stapleton!
- Monroe Organic Farms - The oldest organic farm in Colorado, located in Weld County. They have been running their CSA since 1993. They provide fruit, vegetables, eggs, meat, and honey. The pick-up location nearest Stapleton is on Colfax and Colorado.
Pick your own produce at local farms:
Organic food delivery:
- Berry Patch Farms - located in Brighton (about a 25 min drive from Stapleton), Berry Patch Farms lets you pick your own organic strawberries and raspberries. They also have a barn full of fresh, organic produce from their farm, pigs and chickens running around, and tractor rides to take you to the berry patches.