SUN has several committees that are open to community involvement. Please see the brief descrptions below and please contact the committee chair or SUN (email@example.com
) if you'd like to get involved. If there is more information for a committee/group, there name will be highlighted and you can click on the link to be taken to that page. Please check the SUN Calendar for most current meeting time and information.
- The SUN Transportation committee works with Forest City, CAB and the City and County of Denver on traffic and transportation issues.
- The Outreach Committee has responsiblity for the Block Captain Network, Block Party Day and many other community events. The Outreach Committee meets on the 4th Monday of each month at 6:30 at the Central Park Rec Center Meeting Room.
- The Safety Committee works as the liaison with the Denver Police Department, Stapleton Cop Shop and the Outreach Committee. The Safety Committee is responsible for the Neighborhood Watch Program.
- The Sustainability Committee is working to make our neighborhood a greener place!
- The Education Committee has the responsiblity to be the liaison with the Denver Schools in and around Stapleton as well as working with the Stapleton Foundaton on its education iniatives.
- This committee coordinates/manages the SUN 9th Annual Kickball Tournament which is scheduled for September 21, 2013.
Community Boards and Committees
In 1995, the Stapleton Foundation published the Stapleton Master Development Plan, commonly known as the Green Book, in partnership with the Citizens Advisory Board (CAB), the Stapleton Tomorrow Committee and the City and County of Denver. This partnership successfully encouraged Mayor Wellington Webb and the Denver City Council to officially adopt the Green Book and to create the Stapleton Development Corporation (SDC) to implement the vision of the Green Book. More than ten years later, the Master Development Plan is still considered a visionary model of how cities can break the pattern of urban sprawl.
to see a presentation done by Rich Gonzales, CFO of Stapleton Development Corp on the funding sources for development within Stapleton.
The committee is focused on providing an opportunity and vehicle to discuss and improve communications in the community via existing organizations such as SUN (Stapleton United Neighbors), adjoining neighborhood associations, CAB, SDC and Forest City to improve communications. This committee is responsible for the twice yearly Community Forums (in the spring and fall).
CAB Parks Advisory Group (PAG) - Open (SUN Contact)
The committee discusses parks issues and opportunities. Focused on ensuring the Green Book and Stapleton Parks and Recreation Master Plan goals for parks and open space are achieved. The PAG may discuss City of Denver park issues however, that is not their focus. Meeting minutes are found here.
CAB Workforce Diversity Committee - Open (SUN Contact)
CAB Design Review Committee - Open (SUN Contacts)
Park Creek Metropolitan District (PCMD)/Westerly Creek Metropolitan District (WCMD) - Steve Lawrence (firstname.lastname@example.org)