I graduated in December 2007 with a Ph.D. from the ECE department at The University of Texas at Austin. I was a graduate research assistant at the Laboratory for Image and Video Engineering (LIVE) directed by Prof. Al Bovik. I was co-advised by Prof. Robert W. Heath Jr.
I am currently with PacketVideo Corporation in San Diego, CA.
- Structural Distortion Measures of image quality and their applications in the design of image communication systems.
- Robust image and video transmission over lossy packet networks using Multiple Description Coding (MDC).
- Natural Scene Statistics (NSS) and its applications in image coding.
- S. S. Channappayya, A. C. Bovik, C. Caramanis, and R. W. Heath Jr., "Design of Linear Equalizers Optimized for the Structural Similarity Index," to appear in IEEE Trans. on Image Processing.
- S. S. Channappayya, A. C. Bovik, and R. W. Heath Jr., "Rate Bounds on SSIM Index of Quantized Images," submitted to IEEE Trans. on Image Processing, August, 2007, accepted with minor changes, December 2007.