Economics and Political Behavior
Instructor: Joanne Gen (email)
1. You will be turning in your work in using Google forms. All work must be turned in as PDFs.
2. Reflective Journals: Respond to at least three topics per chapter for every chapter of the book. Upload your journals entries as PDFs every day. Each topic should be approximately 250 words. Your reflections should encompass the topic and a thought about how it affects life in America. Your journals should be reflective in nature. Comment on what it means to you, your family, your nation. What are its implications? Ask questions. Evaluate its impact and relevance today.
If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com
3. TERM PAPER: write a 2500 word paper on a topic of your choice. Please clear the topic with me before you begin. Your paper needs to have at least five sources: two book sources specifically written on your topic, two periodical/journal sources, and your text book. (Minimum 15 citations.)
Interact with topics from your text. Show that you understand the material in the text and in your paper. Demonstrate your mastery of the topics in your text. DO NOT write just an opinion piece that you could have written before your learned from this class.
When you use a source, you are testifying that that source is academically sound and trustworthy. Do not cite it if you are in doubt. Encyclopedia (including Wikipedia) are not academic sources. Authorless websites are not good academic sources. Dictionaries and Quote pages are not academic sources. If you have questions about whether a source is reliable, give it the CRAAP test.
Term Paper Checklist and Evaluation Sheet
· 2500 words (minimum) - 3000 (maximum)
· cite sources by using parenthetical documentation
· have a bibliography/reference list
Please make sure your term paper project includes all of the following items:
Text 15 citations, good grammar
Sources 2 books, 2 periodicals/journals, textbook
Documentation in text/parenthetical
Reference List alphabetized and in proper format
Clarity of Argument/Content makes a good argument
Introduction is it effective?
Thesis is it clearly stated?
Conclusion are results reported?