2-3 tbsp olive oil
Small onion - chopped
1 tsp minced garlic
2 zucchini - quartered and thinly sliced
2 carrots - thinly sliced
2 cans of black beans - drained and rinsed
1 - 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
1 cup frozen corn
1 package sliced mushrooms (I used baby bella ones this time)
1 cup of whole grain brown rice (I love the 90 second Uncle Ben's rice)
Handful of fresh spinach leaves
1. Heat oil in a large pot.
2. Add in the onion and garlic. Cook for about 4-6 minutes, continuously stiring.
3. Add in carrots, zucchini, and mushrooms. Cook for about 8-10 minutes more, or until carrots are soft.
4. Add in beans, tomatoes, corn, and 1 cup of water. Continue to cook for 8-10 more minutes.
5. Lastly, add in the pre-cooked rice, and the fresh spinach. Heat on low, until ready to serve.
6. While the chili is cooking, prepare your desired toppings in individual bowls. This chili must be served with a cornbread...It makes all that much better. I used the Krusteaz Brand. So yummy!
Recipe by: The Yellow Apron Experiment