Ingredients: (for 2 people)
2 sweet potatoes
1/4 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
2 tablespoons cilantro
Sidenote: The originally recipe called for toasted unsweetened coconut flakes. I didn't find the unsweetened coconut flakes until after I made these (Whole Foods bulk section), so I went with just what's in the baking section of my regular grocery store. I also didn't toast them because of my timing issue.
1) Heat oven to 400 degrees. Prick the sweet potatoes with a fork so steam can escape.
2) Bake on a cookie sheet for about 45 minutes. (I ended up having to put mine in the microwave for an additional 10 minutes).
3) While the sweet potatoes are cooking, cut open the pomegranate. I read somewhere the best way to do this is under water. I cut the pomegranate in half horizontally, then soaked each half upside-down in water. After about 5 minutes, it's much easier to break apart the pomegranate (in the water!). The seeds start to separate from the rind.
4) When the sweet potatoes are done, and have cooled enough so you can touch them, cut them in half. Slightly mash each side. If you can't easily do this, then they probably need to cook longer.
5) Sprinkle the top of each potato with the pomegranate seeds, coconut flakes, cilantro (chopped). It's really tasters choice with how much you add of each. Then squeeze the lime juice on top of each potato, about half a lime per potato!
Recipe by: The Yellow Apron Experiment