1 pound of flank steak
2 tablespoons lime juice (fresh if possible)
1/3 cup chunky soynut butter (PB is fine too, I just love soynut butter)
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1) Brush the steak with olive oil and rub with garlic salt. (Chef's choice as to how much). Then cut steak thinly across the grain.
2) Heat broiler to high and place the rack on the top level.
3) Thread the steak pieces onto skewers and place on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil. Metal skewers are better to use as they won't burn like wooden ones can. Set to the side while you make the sauce.
4) Sauce: In a small bowl mix together the soynut butter, sugar, soy sauce and lime juice. The original recipe called for 1/4 cup of water, but I'm pretty sure I forgot it when I was making this. My sauce was just very thick...but still yummy!
5) Place the skewers under the broil. I cooked the beef for about 3-4 minutes, flipped the skewers and continued cooking for about 2-3 minutes.
6) Serve skewers with sauce on the side and Citrusy Sweet Potatoes!
Recipe by: The Yellow Apron Experiment