1) M HAS DOUBLE AMOUNT AS D, Y HAS RS. 3 MORE THAN HALF OF AMOUNT OF D
THE ORDERING A,B,C M C D C Y
ANS:DATA INSUFFICIENT D C M C Y
2)IN STASTIC MEN CAUSE MORE ACCIDENTS THEN ONE CONCLUSION
(A) MEN DRIVE MORE THAN ONCE
(B) STASTICS GIVE WRONG INFORMATION
(C) WOMEN ARE CAUTION THAN ME ANS; C(VERIFY)
3) P,Q,R,S,T,U -SECURING GRANT;TWO TOURIST PARTIES AND THEN TWO SECURITY GAURDS SHOULD GO WITH EACH PARTY
P AND R-ARE ENEMIES, Q DOES NOT GO SOUTH
P&S-ARE WILLING TO BE TOGETHER
4) If a car starts from A towards B with some velocity due to some problem in the engine after travelling 30km.If the car goes with 4/5 th of its actuval velocity the car reaches B 45min later to the actual time. If the car engine fails ofter travelling 45km, the car reaches the destination B 36min late to the actual time , what is the initial velocity of car and what is the distance between A and B in km
ans) 20 & 130.
5)The values of shares A,B and C from january to june are as follows.
month A B C
JAN 30 60 80
FEB 35 65 85
MAR 45 75 65
APR 40 75 82
MAY 55 75 85
JUNE 50 75 80
i) During this period which share has undergone max fluctuation?
ii) In which month it is possible to buy B and C selling A?
iii) In which month the share values are very low?
iv) By purchasing one share of A and 4 each of B and C in the beginning of
the period , to get max profit when this shares should be sold?
6. In a computer institute 9 languages can taught. The module is of 6
months duration and only six languages each of one month can be taught.
In addition to that BASIC is always there and should be in first month
# word perfect is to be taught in the preceeding week of word star.
# FORTRAN can not be taught until COBAL is coarsed prior to that
# BINO, FIFO never be taught in single module
languages are BASIC, WORD STAR, WORD PERFECT, FORTRAN, COBAL, BINO,
FIFO, LOTUS, C
i. Of the following which module is possible based on above conditions.
ii) If word star is in 3rd month , what could be in 6th month.
iii) If COBAL is in the 2nd month and BINO in 6th month are there in
addition to the above condition, FORTRAN will be in which month.
7. In a class , except 18 all are above 50 years. 15 are below 50 years of
age. how many people are there
a) 30 b) 33 c) 36 d) none of these.
8. A square plot of some size , at four corners equal squares of some size
are cut and is formed as open box. If this open box carries 128ml of oil.
What is the size of the plate i.e. side
a.17 b.14 c.13
9. In a square , all the mid points are joined. the inner square is
shaded. If the area of the square is A, what is the shaded area?
10. two questions on basic angles i.e given a circle, a few chords or
diameter is drawn etc.
11. @(a,b)= (a+b)/2
*(a,b)= ab , if a=1, b=2 find
12. (x#y) = x+y-xy
(x*y) = (x+y)/2
i) (x#y)#(x*y) < (x#y), which of the below values of x, y will satisfy
ii) (a*b)#(b*c)< (a#b)*(b*c) , what values of a,b,c satisfy the above.
13. By using the data given below answer the following questions.
B.tech M.sc M.A
some thing similar to that question.
i) 40% of females are B.Techs
ii) Half of the students are either from B.Techs of M.Scs
i. what is the no. of female B.techs
14)L:says all of my other 4 friends have money
M:says that P said that exact one has money
N:says that L said that precisely two have money
O:says that M said that 3 of others have money.
P:Land N said that they have money.
all are liers.Who has money&who doesn't have?
15)A hotel has two,the east wing and the west wing.some east wing rooms
but not all have an ocean view(OV).All WW have a harbour view(HV).The
charge for all rooms is identical, except as follows
* Extra charge for all HV rooms on or above the 3rd floor
* Extra charge for all OV rooms except those without balcony
* Extra charge for some HV rooms on the first two floor&some EW rooms
without OV but having kitchen facilities. (GRE modrl Test 3-question
16)Post man has a data of name surname door no.pet name of 4 families.
But only one is correct for each family.There are a set of statements
17)4 couples have a party.Depending on the set of statements,find who
insulted whom and who is the host of the party.
18)5 women given some of their heights(tall,medium,short)Hair( long,
plainted),stards(Black or Brown), sari,2 medium,2-short.Tall->no
sari.Plainted->medium.Answer the combinations.
1) A person has to go both Northwards&Southwards in search of a job.
He decides to go by the first train he encounters.There are trains for
every 15 min both southwards and northwards.First train towards south
is at 6:00 A.M. and that towards North is at 6:10 .If the person arrives
at any random time,what is the probability that he gets into a train
19) A person has his own coach&whenever he goes to railway station he
takes his coach.One day he was supposed to reach the railway station
at 5 O'clock.But he finished his work early and reached at 3 O'clock.
Then he rung up his residence and asked to send the coach immediately.
He came to know that the coach has left just now to tje railway station.
He thought that the coach has left just now to the railway station.He
thought that he should not waste his time and started moving towards
his residence at the speed of 3mi/hr.On the way,he gets the coach and
reaches home at 6 o'clock.How far is his residence from railway
20)Radha,Geeta&Revathi went for a picnic.After a few days they forgot the
date,day and month on which they went to picnic.Radha said that it was
onThursday,May 8 and Geeta said that it was Thursday May 10.Revathi
said Friday Jun 8.Now one of them told all things wrongly,others one
thing wrong and the last two things wrongly.If April 1st is tuesday
what is the right day,date and month?
21) Q is not equal to zero and k = (Q x n - s)/2 find n?
(a) (2 x k + s)/Q (b) (2 x s x k)/Q (c) (2 x k - s)/Q
(d) (2 x k + s x Q)/Q (e) (k + s)/Q
(from GRE book page no:411)
A causes B or C, but not both
F occurs only if B occurs
D occurs if B or C occurs
E occurs only if C occurs
J occurs only if E or F occurs
D causes G,H or both
H occurs if E occurs
G occurs if F occurs
NOTE: check following answers.
22) If A occurs which of the following must occurs
I. F & G
II. E and H
(a) I only (b) II only (c) III only (d) I,II, & III
(e) I & II (or) II & III but not both ans: (e)
23) If B occurs which must occur
(a) D (b) D and G (c) G and H (d) F and G (e) J ans: (a)
24) If J occurs which must have occured
(a) E (b) either B or C (c) both E & F (d) B (e) both B & C ans: (b)
25) which may occurs as a result of cause not mentioned
(1) D (2) A (3) F
(a) 1 only (b) 2 only (c) 1 & 2 (d) 2 & 3 (e) 1,2,3 ans: (c)
26) E occurs which one cannot occurs
(a) A (b) F (c) D (d) C (e) J ans: (b)
11 to 15:- ----------- e , a , b , c , b ---------------
27) There r 3 boys 7 4 girls; Howmany ways they r arranged
such that boys should be always together ???
28) If n.....; What is the max no that divides
29) A,B,C,D has values from 0 to 9.... What is D ?
30) A wodden piece taken which is in shape of Triangle ,
of 10 X 24 X 26 ; Then cut at some ..... which is rearranged
in rectangle format; so what is ...
31) There r 5 numbers. The average is 25; the highest value
excluded then average is 25, if the lowest is excluded the avg is ..
Then average of remaining is ?
32) The square is cut such that the end point of one side is
shown in fig.. This is repeated two times, what is the area ??
33) The route problem... what is the shortest rout to p1 to p2...
(There may be circle figure......)
(Ans: From p1 to 0 & form 0 to p8)
34) Two motor cycles A & B are started from one point at
4 Kmph & 6 Kmph; After 45 min B starts returning , at what
time they will reach....
(Ans: 3.6 km)
35) All integer from 0 to 9, what is the smallest no perfectly devides;
KYA KYA IS AN ISLAND IN THE SOUTH PACIFI . THE INHABITANTS OF KYA KYA
ALWAYS ANSWER ANY QUESTION WITH TWO SENTENCES, ONE OR WHICH IS ALWAYS
TRUE AND OTHER IS ALWAYS FALSE.
36) YOU ARE WALKING ON THE ROAD AND COME TO A FORK. YOU ASK ,THE INHABITANTS
RAM.LAXMAN, AND LILA AS" WHICH ROAD WILL TAKE ME TO THE VILAGE?
RAM SAYS: I NEVER SPEAK TO STRANGERS. IAM NEW TO THIS PLACE
LAXMAN SAYS: IAM MARRIED TO.LILA. TAKE THE LEFT ROAD
LILA SAYS: IAM MARRIED TO RAM. HE IS NOT NEW TO THIS PLACE
ANS: LEFT ROAD TAKE YU TO THE VILLAGE
37) YOU FIND THAT YOUR BOAT IS STOLLEN. U QUESTIONED THREE INHABITANTS OT ISLANDS AND THEIR REPLIES ARE
JOHN : I DIDNOT DO IT. MATHEW DIDNOT DO IT
MATHEW : I DIDNOT DO IT. KRISHNA DIDNOT DO IT
KRISHNA: I DID NOT DO IT; I DONOT KNOW WHO DID IT
ANS: MATHEW STOLEN THE BOAT
38) YOU WANT TO SPEAK TO THE CHIEF OF VILLAGE , U ASK THREE FELLOWS AMAR
BOBBY, CHARLES AND BOBBY IS WEARING RED SHIRT
AMAR : IAM NOT BOBBY`S SON ; THE CHIEF WEARS RED SHIRT
BOBBY : IAM AMARS FATHER ; CHARLES IS THE CHIEF
CHARLES : THE CHIEF IS ONE AMONG US; IAM THE CHIEF
ANS: BOBBY IS THE CHIEF
39) THERE IS ONLY OPNE POLOT IN THE VILLAGE(ISLAND). YOU INTERVIEWED THREEM MAN
KOISK ,LORRY AND MISHRA
U ALSO NOTICE THAT KOISK IS WEARING CAP.
M SAYS : LARRY IS FATHER IN THE PILOT .LARRY IS NOT THE PRIESTS SON
KOISK : IAM THE PRIEST ON THEIS ISLAND ONLY PRISTS CAN WEAR THE CAPS
LARRY : IAM THE PRIEST SON . KOISK IS NOT THE PREST
ANS : KOISK IS THE PILOT