Jakarta Struts Questions
|Home Page||Java Test1||Java Test2||
|Distributed ystems||File System||Graphics, Awt, Swing||Advanced Java||Hibernate||Ajax||Web Services|
|Questions||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
jakarta Struts Questions
- What is Jakarta Struts Framework? - Jakarta Struts is open source implementation of MVC (Model-View-Controller) pattern for the development of web based applications. Jakarta Struts is robust architecture and can be used for the development of application of any size. Struts framework makes it much easier to design scalable, reliable Web applications with Java.
- What is ActionServlet? - The class org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet is the called the ActionServlet. In the the Jakarta Struts Framework this class plays the role of controller. All the requests to the server goes through the controller. Controller is responsible for handling all the requests.
- How you will make
available any Message Resources Definitions file to the Struts Framework
Environment? - Message Resources Definitions file are simple
.properties files and these files contains the messages that can be used
in the struts project. Message Resources Definitions files can be added to
the struts-config.xml file through <message-resources /> tag.
<message-resources parameter=”MessageResources” />
- What is Action Class? - The
Action Class is part of the Model and is a wrapper around the business
logic. The purpose of Action Class is to translate the HttpServletRequest
to the business logic. To use the Action, we need to Subclass and
overwrite the execute() method. In the Action Class all the
database/business processing are done. It is advisable to perform all the
database related stuffs in the Action Class. The ActionServlet (commad)
passes the parameterized class to Action Form using the execute() method.
The return type of the execute method is ActionForward which is used by
the Struts Framework to forward the request to the file as per the value
of the returned ActionForward object.
- Write code of any Action Class? - Here is the code of Action Class that returns the ActionForward object.
10. import org.apache.struts.action.ActionForward;
11. import org.apache.struts.action.ActionMapping;
13.public class TestAction extends Action
15.public ActionForward execute(
19.HttpServletResponse response) throws Exception
- What is ActionForm? - An
ActionForm is a JavaBean that extends org.apache.struts.action.ActionForm. ActionForm maintains
the session state for web application and the ActionForm object is
automatically populated on the server side with data entered from a form
on the client side.
- What is Struts Validator
Framework? - Struts Framework provides the functionality to validate
the form data. It can be use to validate the data on the users browser as
well as on the server side. Struts Framework emits the java scripts and it
can be used validate the form data on the client browser. Server side
validation of form can be accomplished by sub classing your From Bean with
DynaValidatorForm class. The Validator framework was developed by David
Winterfeldt as third-party add-on to Struts. Now the Validator framework
is a part of Jakarta Commons project and it can be used with or without
Struts. The Validator framework comes integrated with the Struts Framework
and can be used without doing any extra settings.
- Give the Details of XML files used in Validator Framework? - The Validator Framework uses two XML configuration files validator-rules.xml and validation.xml. The validator-rules.xml defines the standard validation routines, these are reusable and used in validation.xml. to define the form specific validations. The validation.xml defines the validations applied to a form bean.
- How you will display
validation fail errors on jsp page? - The following tag displays all