Interview Questions ASP.NET
21. Explain what a diffgram is, and a good use for one? The DiffGram is one of the two XML formats that you can use to render DataSet object contents to
XML. For reading database data to an XML file to be sent to a Web Service.
22. Whats MSIL, and why should my developers need an appreciation of it if
at all? MSIL is the Microsoft Intermediate Language. All .NET compatible
languages will get converted to MSIL.
23. Which method do you invoke on the DataAdapter control to load your
generated dataset with data? The .Fill() method
24. Can you edit data in the Repeater control? No, it just reads the informationfrom its data source
25. Which template must you provide, in order to display data in a Repeater
26. How can you provide an alternating color scheme in a Repeater control?
Use the AlternatingItemTemplate
27. What property must you set, and what method must you call in your code,
in order to bind the data from some data source to the Repeater control?
You must set the DataSource property and call the DataBind method.
28. What base class do all Web Forms inherit from? The Page class.
29. Name two properties common in every validation control?
ControlToValidate property and Text property.
30. What tags do you need to add within the asp:datagrid tags to bind columns
manually? Set AutoGenerateColumns Property to false on the datagrid tag
31. What tag do you use to add a hyperlink column to the DataGrid?
32. What is the transport protocol you use to call a Web service? SOAP is the
33. True or False: A Web service can only be written in .NET? False
34. What does WSDL stand for? (Web Services Description Language)
35. Where on the Internet would you look for Web services?
36. Which property on a Combo Box do you set with a column name, prior to
setting the DataSource, to display data in the combo box? DataTextField
37. Which control would you use if you needed to make sure the values in two
different controls matched? CompareValidator Control
38. True or False: To test a Web service you must create a windows application
or Web application to consume this service? False, the webservice comes
with a test page and it provides HTTP-GET method to test.
39. How many classes can a single .NET DLL contain? It can contain many