Library [SLC]

The A. Frank Smith, Jr. Library Center - hereafter referred to as SLC - comprises more than a quarter of a million volumes, including print and non-print materials, periodicals, and electronic information sources. The library houses several special collections, including the papers of Senator John G. Tower.

The library opened in 1939 as the Cody Memorial Library and was built as part of a WPA project. It was expanded in 1966 and again in 1989, receiving its current name as a result of the second expansion.

Smith Library