Mood-Bridwell Hall [MBH]
The Mood-Bridwell Hall - hereafter referred to as Mood or MBH - is on the National Register of Historic Places. It houses classrooms and faculty offices for the Departments of English, History, Economics and Business, Education, Political Science, Sociology and Anthropology, and Mathematics and Computer Science.
The natural light atrium at the building's center is frequently used for lectures and social events.
Built in 1908 as a men's residence hall, Mood-Bridwell has also functioned as an all-women's hall, and housed naval trainees during the Second World War.
Mood Hall, named for Dr. Francis A. Mood, first Regent of the University, was renovated and restored with grants from the J.S. Bridwell Foundation of Wichita Falls, Texas, and the J.E. and L.E. Mabee Foundation, Inc. of Tulsa, Oklahoma. The building was formally reopened and dedicated in October of 1978, with the new name of Mood-Bridwell Hall.