Search this site
Our 2013-14 Project
The Language People
* A Whole New World
* Australian Government
Australian Government Workbook, Second Edition
The First Australians
* A Very Big Country
English Spelling Vol. 1, Second Edition
* English Spelling Vol. 2
* Sound Recording Spelling 1 & 2
Same authors, other publishers
The Great South Land
Everyday Australian Bilingual Picture Dictionary from TELLS What’s in it for you?
Conference Papers & Journal Articles
Grammar and Vocabulary
* Assessing and Teaching Adult and Adolescent NESB Students
* How to choose an outstanding text and extract the maximum mileage
* Post Script to A Defence of simplification: redefining beginner
* Reducing Avoidable Errors
* Utilising reading texts with unschooled refugee students
* What tense do I need?... Why?
Radio Interview - "Learning Works"
* Techniques for producing reading texts for low level students
* A New Slant on Vocabulary Development for a Slow-moving CSWEII Class
Spelling and Phonics
* From Phonics to Reading and Writing
* Phonics for Teachers
* Sharing Language Across Cultures AND Generations
* "Is there going to be a war, Miss?"
* Cultural imperialism through language and literacy teaching
* Catering for shift workers in a remote mining town
Aboriginal Literacy easily oversimplified
* Nomadic mining life leads to writing
* Managing Cultural Diversity
* Gold still makes the world go round
Other links of interest
Our teaching is never divorced from our cultural positons and attitudes. Nor can or should it be completely isolated from the community around us, its problems, its friendships, its attitudes.
Recent Site Activity