Email: schung at fas dot harvard dot edu
52 Oxford St., NW Bldg. 245
Before that, I received my bachelor's degree in Physics and Mathematics from Cornell University, where I was a Cornell Presidential Research Scholar and did an undergraduate research on biophysics with Michelle Wang, and on experimental particle physics with Julia Thom.
- SueYeon Chung, Uri Cohen, Haim Sompolinsky, Dan D. Lee. The Maximum Margin Manifold Machines. Submitted.
- SueYeon Chung, Dan D. Lee, Haim Sompolinsky. Linear readout of object manifolds. (2016) Phys. Rev. E 93, 060301(R). [Supplementary Materials]
- SueYeon Chung, Yoram Burak, Haim Sompolinsky. Nonlinear Decoders for Invariant Perceptual Discrimination. In preparation.
- Lucy D. Brennan, Thibault Roland, Diane G. Morton, Shanna M. Fellman, SueYeon Chung, Mohammad Soltani, Joshua W. Kevek, Paul M. McEuen, Kenneth J. Kemphues, and Michelle D. Wang. (2013) Small Molecule Injection into Single-Cell C. elegans Embryos via Carbon-Reinforced Nanopipettes. PLoS ONE 8(9): e75712.
- Linear Readout of Object Manifolds.
- Organization for Computational Neurosciences (OCNS) Annual Meeting, Jeju Island, South Korea, July 2016
- Gatsby Tri-Center Meeting on Theoretical Neuroscience, London, UK, June 2016
- COSYNE Main Meeting, Salt Lake City, Utah, Feb 2017
- Quadratic Decoder for Invariant Perceptual Discrimination. COSYNE Main Meeting, Mar 2012
- Activating Backside Junctions in Thin Silicon Pixel Detectors through Laser Anneal. Columbia Univ. Spring Undergrad. Research Symposium, 2008
- COSYNE 2017 Workshop: "Deep Learning" and the brain: understanding neural representations with deep networks, Snowbird, Utah, Feb 2017
- Annual Sloan-Swartz Meeting for Computational Neuroscience, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA, Aug 2016
- Neurolunch, Center for Brain Science, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, May 2015
- Computational Neuroscience Seminar, Center for Brain Science, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, May 2013
- Annual Sloan-Swartz Meeting for Computational Neuroscience, Salk Institute/UCSD, San Diego, CA, June 2012
- Computational Neuroscience Seminar, Center for Brain Science, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, Sep 2011
Machine Learning Tea at Harvard [Link] Harvard Intelligent Probabilistic Systems Blog [Link]
I was a resident advisor for Harvard GSAS Residence Halls in 2011-2012.
My favorite pastime activity is outdoor running.
Great books that have been mentors at times: