15-16 slightly thick hari mirch (green chillies)
2 tsp salt
1 tsp turmeric powder
3 tsp grinded rai (ground small mustard seeds)
4 tsp saunf (fennel) powder
2 tsp mustard oilMethod:
- Wash hari mirch and wipe. Slit mirch and leave to dry in shade for 1 hour.
- Mix all the spices and salt together. Mix 1 tsp oil to the masalas.
- Stuff the masala in the hari mirch.
- Heat the remaining oil to smoking point, in a pan that is till vapors start coming out of it. Let the mustard oil cool down completely before pouring over bharwa hari mirch or stuffed green chillies.
- Fill the hari mirch along with oil in an airtight jar or bottle. In summers, it takes 3-4 days and in winters, it takes around 5-6 days for the hari mirch ka bharwan achar to be fit for consumption.