1 cup butter (softened)
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
2 3/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons sugar
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar and eggs thoroughly in a large bowl.
3. Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
4. Blend dry ingredients into butter mixture.
5. Mix 3 tablespoons sugar, and 3 teaspoons cinnamon in a small bowl.
6. Scoop 1 inch globs of dough into the sugar/ cinnamon mixture.
7. Coat by gently rolling balls of dough in the sugar mixture.
Place on ungreased cookie sheet, and bake 10 minutes.
Remove from pan and transfer to a cooling rack.