- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- pepper and garlic salt
- Crumb topping:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 pinch paprika
- Cook macaroni according to the package directions. Drain.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Stir in enough flour to make a roux. Add milk to roux slowly, stirring constantly. Stir in cheeses, and cook over low heat until cheese is melted and the sauce is a little thick.
- Add the cooked macaroni into the cheese sauce. Stir well and transfer to a casserole dish.
- Melt butter or margarine and a pic of paprkia in a skillet over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs and brown.
Spread the crumb topping over the mac and cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
Thats it, enjoy.