- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking power
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp butter, melted and hot
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a regular muffin tin with cupcake liners (12 total).
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar and egg until combined. Add in remaining muffin base ingredients and whisk until batter is smooth.
- Fill each muffin cup about 1/2 full. You will have leftover batter which you will add later
- In a glass cup measuring cup or a small bowl, melt the butter. Add cinnamon and brown sugar. The mixture should have the consistency of a thick liquid. Add a small dollop of mixture into each muffin cup (about 1/2 tsp each) and swirl it a few times into the batter with a knife, careful not to let it completely mix. You want the cinnamon sugar mixture to remain as swirls in the batter. You should only use less than 1/2 of your cinnamon sugar mixture for this step, reserving the rest for later. Add remaining muffin batter to muffin cups, covering the swirled mixture. Each muffin tin should be about 2/3 full and you should have enough batter for 12 muffins.
- Reheat your cinnamon swirl mixture if it has thickened. Add a tiny amount on top of the batter, and swirl with a knife again.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until muffins are puffy and toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Let muffins cool in the baking pan.
- While muffins are cooling, make the glaze. In a small bowl, mix powdered sugar, vanilla and 1 tbsp milk. Whisk until smooth. If glaze is too thick, add a little more milk, careful to not add too much at once. Once your glaze reaches the consistency you desire, drizzle on top of muffins. Serve once glaze is set.