- Is a rich, smoky flavored fortified wine from Italy that can be sweet or dry. Used in making Tiramisu.
- Marsala is a wine produced in the region surrounding the Italian city of Marsala in Sicily. Marsala wine first received Denominazione di origine controllata, or DOC, status in 1969.
- A sweet Sicilian wine that adds a special flavour to meat dishes and desserts.
- a person or thing that takes or can take the place of another
- utility(a): capable of substituting in any of several positions on a team; "a utility infielder"
- A person or thing acting or serving in place of another
- A sports player nominated as eligible to replace another after a game has begun
- put in the place of another; switch seemingly equivalent items; "the con artist replaced the original with a fake Rembrandt"; "substitute regular milk with fat-free milk"; "synonyms can be interchanged without a changing the context's meaning"
- A person or thing that becomes the object of love or other emotion deprived of its natural outlet
substitute for marsala wine - Italian Fig
Italian Fig and Marsala Wine Cheese Accompaniment (15 ounce)
This wonderful sweet-and-sour sauce is made by Menu with diced figs, Marsala wine, a dash of apple vinegar, and select spices. Ideal as an accompaniment for both matured (Grana Padano, Parmigiano Reggiano, Asiago, Pecorino Romano) and fresh (Ricotta, Mascarpone) cheeses, it is also delightful spread over deli meats and poultry.
Menu is a specialty food products company that began life as a salami factory run by Romolo Barbieri in Cavezzo (province of Modena), Italy in the 1930's. Over the years, the company, now run by Romolo's son, Rodolfo, has expanded to create quality Italian food products for fine restaurants around the world.
Panettone With Mascarpone Recipe - Ingredients
You will need:
1 2-pound Panettone - Approximately $8
1 and 1/2 cups Sweet Marasala Wine - Approximately $15
2 pounds mascarpone - Approximately $18
3/4 cups sugar
Unfortunately, this is all I have to show for my chicken marsala. It was delicious...I just didn't get any pictures before it all got eaten. Next time!