Brantley and Ellen Sturdevant built the Queen Anne style house in 1887. It has three extensive porches, turned porch supports and low turned balustrades. There are two front entrances divided by a bay window with each door leading into a parlor room. The house has 11 rooms: two parlors, three bedrooms, dining room, bathroom, kitchen, and buttery, formal entry, and one large room upstairs. There is also a basement. A coal shed is located at the rear of the house, and a carriage house is located across the alley from there. In Dr. McKee's early practice, he kept his horse and buggy there, ready for any emergency calls. Later, it would be used as a garage for the doctor's automobile.
Please select a room to learn more about it and see pictures.