Multiple Intelligences and Multimedia Tag Cloud - Made with Tagxedo
Word Clouds – Tag Clouds
Definitions of Word or Tag Clouds
- Tag Clouds or Word Clouds - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tag_cloud
- A tag cloud or word cloud is a “visual representation for text data, typically used to depict keyword metadata (tags) on websites, or to visualize free form text.
- A tag cloud or word cloud (or weighted list in visual design) is a visual depiction of user-generated tags, or simply the word content.
- Typically used to depict keyword metadata (tags) on websites
Suggested Apps for your Tablet
- Ipad Apps
- WordSalad - free
- Tag Cloud – $.99
- Android App – wordArt – free
This word cloud is a definition of “line” in visual arts.
Word Clouds in Education
- Create word clouds for vocabulary lists and key words
- Brainstorm key curriculum concepts
- Create a word or tag cloud based on a curriculum website
- Make a character list or list character traits in literature
- List qualities for character education
- Collect key events or significant leaders from a period in history
- Terminology for quiz preparation and review
- Make a cloud using text of a famous speech
- Prepare a graphic organizer with subtopics or compare/contrast
- Create art, poster, logo, graphic organizer, mind map
- Create a word wall
This word cloud uses the elements of music.
Suggested Word or Tag Cloud Generators
More Resources for Word Clouds
This example is generated out of the tags from a html web page - http://www.soundpiper.com.