Each Monday and Friday evening we lead a two hour mini-mission trip right here in Austin. Sign-up
to join us on as we go out to the streets and visit with street-dependent young people. We'll distribute food, clothing, toiletries and other items. You'll have access to experienced leaders for two hours of questions and answers about missions, evangelism, and street-dependency. You'll have the chance to pray for those you meet and have conversations with those served.
This event is appropriate for adults and even middle school children accompanied by adults. You will be walking and carrying supplies. We walk about 12 blocks in total. Space is limited so sign-up today
! Each person who signs up may bring two friends. So that's a maximum of 3 persons per sign-up. If you're bringing a group, we ask you to consider proving the food for that evening as well. Larger groups should use our service project
| ||Past participants recommend it!|
- Reminded me of how blessed I am and that we all have a meaningful and unique story to tell.
- Just do it! Get out on the Drag and see SYM in action. It will likely affirm many of your ideas and offer up a surprise or two.
- The relationships that you have built with these young people and the level of your servant-hood took me by surprise. You are down there all the time so I should have expected it, but it was still impressive and humbling.
- I am thankful to have had the opportunity to stand on Holy ground and witness God providing an accepting environment and the love of Christ through you as you faithfully meet these young people where they are.
- God has brought me to volunteer at SYM to show me the many other "faces" of homelessness. The majority of the homeless that I have talked to and served were "older" men and women. It breaks my heart to see these young adults and know they are young enough to be my children.