The Stratham Memorial School PTO (Parent Teacher Organization) is organized to support and enrich the education of SMS students and to foster communication between the school, parents and teachers to enhance educational opportunities. The PTO is run by volunteers. We strive to provide all families with fun, healthy and academically engaging activities, and raise funds through events and activities to benefit the educational environment of SMS students. See some recent purchases by the PTO.
- SPEAKERS' NIGHT: GROWTH MINDSET on March 23rd @ 6pm. Pizza and child care provided for your school-aged children. SMS teachers and staff will share more about the power of the Growth Mindset in our children's development.
- STA FOOD DRIVE now until March 31st. Please send in your donations of non-perishable foods with your child or drop in the Food Drive boxes at the school.
- MOVIE NIGHT on April 14th, title to be announced closer to the event.
- See more events for 2016-17.
- PTO BOARD SEATS AVAILABLE for the 2017-18 school year (1-3 year term). Read more about the impact of the PTO on your children's educational experiences. Interested? Email Andrea Benson by March 31st.
- SCHOOL STORE volunteers needed the 1st & 3rd Fridays of each month @ 9:15 to 10:45am. Upcoming slots: March 24, April 7 or April 21. Sign up via your MySchoolAnywhere account or email Candi Eugenio.
The PTO sponsors many fun and engaging activities for SMS students and their families, and hosts informational events throughout the school year, including:
- FUNDRAISERS to support educational purchases, special activities and projects --- all to benefit the education of SMS students. Items purchased with these funds have included The SMS Green Growing Lab, Promethean Smartboards, playground equipment, a basketball scoreboard, supplies for field day, snowshoes for the PE department and much more!
- FAMILY EVENTS sprinkled throughout the school year including a spaghetti/Bingo night and pancake breakfast, Bike-to-School day and a fun run, teacher appreciation luncheons, parent/child events and many more.
- FRIDAY NIGHT FLICKS. Wear your pj’s and bring your pillow! The PTO sponsors Friday night movie nights complete with popcorn and water. Admission is free and movies are announced via the directory email and here.
- GUEST SPEAKER SERIES with speakers of special interest to SMS parents. These events are typically on a school night evening during the school year. If you have a suggestion on topic, please email us.
- OPEN PLANNING MEETINGS discussing current activities of the PTO. These meetings are open to the SMS community and typically scheduled on a school day morning.
and a few plugs :) SHOW YOUR SCHOOL SPIRIT!
Visit our school store on Friday mornings in the school lobby and check out our semi-annual apparel sales. Download the Apparel Order Form